Runners World Visitor Survey and Prize Draw

Please go away!

16 messages
17/10/2012 at 07:23

I agree, I will come back later to see if its gone.

17/10/2012 at 07:46

Umm.... I havent seen it...

17/10/2012 at 07:47

I've had it at work, where I don't have adblock. And not had it at home, where I do.

Could be the reason.

17/10/2012 at 07:54
kittenkat wrote (see)

Surely if I say 'no thanks' that should be the end of it?

Maybe a couple of other different words meaning the same thing might persuade it......

17/10/2012 at 07:55
What visitor survey?
17/10/2012 at 07:57

Hi Saffy Sweety Pea

Could you spare some time to complete our survery ? It should take about 6 minutes of your time and as a thank you you will be entered into out prize draw.

Q1. What do you think of online visitor surveys ?

17/10/2012 at 08:11

We all know how successful we are in prize draws

17/10/2012 at 08:52

I filled it in, mostly to maintain my 100% failure rate.

It still pops up!  Is there no escape?

17/10/2012 at 09:00

Hi Johnny again

Could you spare some time to complete our survery ? It should take about 6 minutes of your time and as a thank you you will be entered into out prize draw.

Q1. What do you think of online visitor surveys ?

17/10/2012 at 09:16

It isn't even a Runner's World survey.

It's all about Asics... just a few cursory questions about Runner's World to warm you up.

I know that many of these magazines need commercial sponsorship, but you hope that there's a fair degree of impartiality in the editorial, features and reviews.  

This survey did not leave me feeling too trusting.

If the survey had been entitled Asics Survey... then fine. No problem.  But the fact that there was a (weak) attempt to put a Runner's World veil over it concerns me.

17/10/2012 at 09:42

That's very specific.  If I do it in less than five minutes can I win a pair of trainers?

17/10/2012 at 10:26

Hello

The survey should be capped at one per user - we're checking with our ads team to check it's been properly implemented so you shouldn't see it multiple times. 

Thanks

Katie RW

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
17/10/2012 at 20:10

I'm at home and haven't seen it either, happy to say.

17/10/2012 at 21:33

I said 'no' once, and haven't seen it again since.

17/10/2012 at 22:27
Seen it once, filled it in. Not been back since. Yes seems asics orientated but maybe that cos that is the first company I put in... If someone else mentions a different company and not asics does it still go on about asics?

I'm a fan but the survey specifically said runners world not x manufacturers.
17/10/2012 at 22:54

Although I have absolutely nothing against Asics, it wasn't one of the 3 brands I chose... except for the question relating to having seen their advertising. Yet it was all about Asics.  If anyone was bombarded by questions about a different shoe brand, it would be interesting to hear.

Not quite sure what you mean by the last sentence.  But for me, the survey was badged as Runner's World survey. But clearly it was for the benefit mainly of one brand.... and I imagine one brand only.

Like I said, if the survey had been badged as an Asics survey, I would have had no problem. As it was, it was a bit like one of those cold calls that pretends to come from some independent impartial body, only for them to start trying to sell a particular product or service.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
16 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.