RW UK v RW whatever

Would enyone be up for...

10 messages
22/06/2011 at 12:00

...another challenge month?

I was thinking about August - the idea was bandied about at the end of the last challenge. I had a fabulous month's running in January; first shame and then enjoyment and then burning ambition got me out the door  more than I would ever have thought possible.

Of course, I've done bugger all since then...

But there are some extremely interesting autumn races I would like to do if I can just get my finger out and get some good kms in.

Would anyone else be up for it?

22/06/2011 at 12:21
I like the idea but I can't say August would work for me. It might be an incentive to run while on holiday but realistically I wouldn't do as much as at home, and probably couldn't be faffed with entering my miles every day.  I'm guessing it might be a similar problem for quite a few others?
22/06/2011 at 12:25

August doesn't seem to have a busting amount of races so people's training might be lower, plus holidays to factor in.

But I would consider joining on on another month.

22/06/2011 at 12:27
I can see myself challenging myself to set up the excel sheet...
22/06/2011 at 12:52

January was my highest mileage of the year!

I'd be up for August provided I can post miles after returning from holiday ( I always run on holiday anyway, its just a case of recording accurately)

Got an autumn half and a busy XC season lined up so I should be working on a few miles (not as many as you, though).

22/06/2011 at 19:26
Definitely, July is a low mileage month and I have a marathon mid August and am trying to find another one.
22/06/2011 at 23:13
Well August is a quiet month race-wise. Though maybe a problem because August is the
holiday month with the schools off. Could have a RW v Fetch or a north v south contest.
23/06/2011 at 11:11

I'd be up for anything (running-wise )- north v south, short-arses v normal-size, hairy legs v brazilian etc etc.

I'm going to be 40 on the 28th of August and I think it would be nice to celebrate with a high-mileage month!

23/06/2011 at 13:19
I'd be up for it too in August. I'm training for an Autumn marathon so should have a decent weekly mileage by then.
24/06/2011 at 08:16
I love challenges but run to low mileage

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.