RW/Pirate London Christmas Social

would anyone be interested

21 to 40 of 100 messages
M...eldy    pirate
04/10/2012 at 18:39
60 already HC??

As I have said many times, I still get a lot out if RW and I hope make a contribution now and then, what does irk me tho are those that complain that 'it's not what it used to be'
Change it, change your view or move on ... Schimples
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
04/10/2012 at 18:41

Lo Meldy X

04/10/2012 at 18:41

What Fat Buddha said. (Especially about the spanking).

These days if you want to chat, you go on facebook or twitter, if you want to meet up you go on meetup.com, this place used to be the only option

the doggetts socials used to be great, as were the curry nights, the picnics in hyde park, and the south west socials   

if anyone organises a pub evening on a Friday or Saturday I'll probably be there

otherwise see you at VLM!

04/10/2012 at 18:45
M...eldy wrote (see)
60 already HC??

Hohoho. 

Gotta love the multimedia options.  It's like living with my mother, you have to say the same thing five times, getting louder each time. 

seren nos    pirate
04/10/2012 at 18:46

04/10/2012 at 18:49

While I don't out and out disagree with what Fat Buddha said, it does rather beg the question "How do Fetch manage it?" - they've managed to keep socials and stuff going in spite of all the dilution going on.

M...eldy    pirate
04/10/2012 at 18:51

because they are still 'novel'??

Tommygun2    pirate
04/10/2012 at 18:59

So should I not bother then if what everyone is saying is how it is....

or should I work abit harder to promote the social

M...eldy    pirate
04/10/2012 at 19:02

Look what you started Tommy !!

I say go ahead ... people have already said they will play 

Tommygun2    pirate
04/10/2012 at 19:08

Well I am always up for a beer or two even if its with a select few

seren nos    pirate
04/10/2012 at 19:13

maybe because fetch is cuddly.... and maybe thats why closed  FB groups like the RW works.....99% of the time everyone agrees with each other....a group of like minded people who do not disagree on any topics....

while on here if you start the conversation ...anyone can join in and maybe other people will disagree with your point of view....and maybe people do not want any confrontation.......just agreement...not debate just support......maybe people have enough arguments in their life that they only want agreemnet when on line

04/10/2012 at 19:20

TG2 - sometimes the more intimate gatherings turn out to be the best ones because people don't splinter off into smaller groups

M...eldy    pirate
04/10/2012 at 19:30

Look what you ended up with Schmunks  

04/10/2012 at 20:04

Why not post something on the beginners section or elsewhere.
I saw this thread but didn't bother looking at it, why? because I don't really feel part of the RW community - the Meldy's KK's, Wilkies etc.
I don't feel like I belong, I don't feel like the invite means me.  I don't feel like I'm part of the club as it were.

Forums have a life, people come and go. Most people don't stay for long. I read the avarage was 6 months.

You put 'pirate' and people feel excluded, I certainly do.The pub scenario keeps cropping up. Well if you walked into a pub and a group of old friends were chatting, would you sit down and join in with them or would you sit in a quiet corner somewhere (and wait to be introduced as it were)?

M...eldy    pirate
04/10/2012 at 20:10

There is a thread in Beginners ....

What would attract you ??

Tommygun2    pirate
04/10/2012 at 20:11
Erm i have put it on the beginners section and with no mention of pirates
i have tried to make it inclusive
Tommygun2    pirate
04/10/2012 at 20:35

There must be some people interested the post has had 435 views,

so if you are lurking its not that scary we are on the most part normal except we like running and ok some drinking

04/10/2012 at 20:35
M...eldy wrote (see)

Look what you ended up with Schmunks  

I quite like what I ended up with

PSC    pirate
05/10/2012 at 06:55

TG, I wouldn't be averse to a swift half somewhere somewhen... Having now read the thread twice, I am not sure that any dates were settled on.  Personally a working day is preferrable as I can combine the journey with work (only get to the big smoke once a fortnight on average since moving jobs) but value other peoples views on which day to do it.  Weekends tend to be family or training time................... ie not forum time.

So, red wobbly jelly to celebrate Happy Chap's 21st on the 7th Dec then

seren nos    pirate
05/10/2012 at 07:26

good post T mouse........do you think there is a need on the forum for a big RW meet up or do you think now its more opf a case of smaller splinter groups with things in common will get together and arrange through their threads..............

it wouldbe nice to have a big social ...but mayb ethe majority on here would rather have smaller get togethers......we all want and get different things from the forum and thats fine...

21 to 40 of 100 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.