RWUK v RWUSA

Jan 2011 Mileage Challenge

1 to 20 of 2,375 messages
kittenkat    pirate
17/12/2010 at 12:50

CHALLENGE DATABASE: CLICK HERE!

Here it is, back again for 2011. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join, as long as you are running regularly we want you!

The challenge this time round in called East v West as we realise that on both RW sites, there are people who post from all over the globe.

Team West are the Americas, Team East covers Europe and Australia.

Any questions, ask me on here, send me a PM or email: kittenkat26@cheerful.com

Vwaldoguy on the American site has kindly constructed the database for us again, if you played last time, try your old log in, if it doesn't work, create a new account. You MUST use your forum name as your challenge name and you must enable messaging in your account so that I can PM you should I need to. I'll post the rules that Vwaldo wrote and I agree with, but basically it's the same as last time.

Enjoy!

kittenkat    pirate
17/12/2010 at 12:52

Game Rules:

• There will be two teams. Team East versus Team West. Team East will include players from Europe and Australia. Team West will include players from the Americas.
  • The game will run January 1 through January 31. Signups will be open through midnight on January 5th and then the database will be closed to new participants.
  • The game will be decided on average miles per runner per day. Simple and clean.
  • Please use your RWOL screen name so we can keep all the players straight.
  • You don't need to log into the database to enter your miles every day, but please log in at least every few days to enter your data so your teammates don't think you've dropped out. Users who do not enter data for 7 consecutive days will be dropped from the game unless you contact the game administrator.
  • Data can be entered in miles or kilometers. Game results will be displayed only in miles.
  • If you do sign up to play, you will be expected to participate! In other words, don't sign up, but then not enter your miles, or drop out of the game without letting someone. Every bit counts since the final score will be average miles PER runner PER day. Every 1/10 mile (or kilometer) counts. Your teammates need you! Really!
  • If you've previously run in one of these challenges, you do need to create a NEW account.

Here are some things to keep in mind about the game:

• It doesn't matter if you're a high mileage runner or a low mileage runner. EVERYONE is welcome! Please don't feel that your mileage may drag the team down, that's nonsense.
  • The most important thing is to stick to YOUR plan and don't get caught up in the game. If you've got a plan to run 100 miles for the month, please stick to it. We definitely don't want anyone to get injured from doing too much. However, if you feel you can SAFELY add mileage here or there, by all means, you might consider it.Your team might really need it.
  • Only running miles count. Walking miles count only if they are part of your normal program (if you do a run/walk combo, etc).
  • Even though this is a team competition, it also becomes an individual competition for the higher mileage folks within each team.
17/12/2010 at 12:57
NIce one - I'm signed up, although my mileage may not do much for the team...
17/12/2010 at 12:59
17/12/2010 at 13:03

I'm in.

*note to self, remove Christmas stuff from forum name 1.1.11*

17/12/2010 at 13:04
Noooooooooo......... our internet police have blocked the database   Sorry, can't help KK!
17/12/2010 at 13:07
sorted
kittenkat    pirate
17/12/2010 at 13:08
Tigerlily wrote (see)
Noooooooooo......... our internet police have blocked the database   Sorry, can't help KK!
Can you sign up at home?
Dark Vader    pirate
17/12/2010 at 13:10

Cool  

kittenkat    pirate
17/12/2010 at 13:18
Excellent, 7 signed up already and counting
17/12/2010 at 13:20
done! and bookmarked- let the fun commence!!!
17/12/2010 at 13:27
I'm in.
17/12/2010 at 13:29
Make that 9
17/12/2010 at 13:31

OK done, now just need to work my miles up a bit before the new year so it doesn't look too sad.

SJ

kittenkat    pirate
17/12/2010 at 13:38
The Americans are awake and starting to sing up now as well
17/12/2010 at 13:38

This game was about the only thing that got me out of the door last time around!

I'm in!

17/12/2010 at 13:42
I'm in just need to keep off the mince pies etc for two weeks
Basil Brush Mk II    pirate
17/12/2010 at 13:45

Wicked, I'm in (under my usual username, rather than mt Christmas username )

17/12/2010 at 13:47

Hell yeah, i'm there..Gawd Jawb KK

Sorry I mean, well played old girl, tip top!!

kittenkat    pirate
17/12/2010 at 13:48

Anyone, logged in or not, can click on 'Game results' that shows you the teams so far.

Here it is

1 to 20 of 2,375 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.