Salisbury Half

Here are the details

21 to 22 of 22 messages
Trogs    pirate
09/10/2002 at 00:40
Nice work DD, I'll probably be there but I'm not sure I like the sound of "up from Warminster onto Salisbury Plain". Then again, I suppose what goes up must come down - hmm that'd make a good song lyric....
09/10/2002 at 08:12
I live locally and went to Imber when it was open last summer. The road out of Warminster goes through some army accommodation then quickly into private MOD land (hence no spectators). Then there was a long, fairly bleak drive along a concrete (?) road over the plain with the odd rusted out tank dotted about. We were expecting the SAS to appear at any moment and demand to know what we were doing there as no-one else was about and there was no indication of the open day.
I don't think Imber itself was ever a picturesque village and the army have built a few breeze block houses here and there, presumably for running in and out of and waving their guns about.
I can remember hills, but not much about their size...sorry!

I might do it myself but it's a bit close to Bath on the 16th March.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.