seen any good flicks lately?

201 to 220 of 6,530 messages
24/02/2006 at 12:25
ta*
24/02/2006 at 12:46
;)
I probably never watched it (Memento)because the whole thing seemed too hectic for me!

Procrastination time:
This is a great one for musicals I found in my bookmarks, great for someone of my generation :) well worth checking out, flH (I don't call you 'Haggis' because I already know another Forumite of that name!!)
www.classicmoviemusicals.com/

24/02/2006 at 12:53
fantastic will check it out. reminds me of a day at xmas time when i was bummed out. got a plate of nachos and sat by the fire watchin the 100 best musicals ever. bliss.

that's ok. i am not a haggis anyway i am a flying haggis. totally different. and better.

24/02/2006 at 18:01
Film for tonight.

'Angel Heart'

Seen it before.... but it was so long ago.

24/02/2006 at 18:31
fabbo

good to remind yourself of how good micky rourke was, and how Bobby D can be.

stop making rubbish movies bobby!!!!
24/02/2006 at 18:31
Top film!

I will probably be watching Deceprion aka Reindeer Games.
24/02/2006 at 18:32
my movie for tonight

"Working haggis—head for business and a bod for oatcakes"

:(
24/02/2006 at 18:33
but with a 't' and not an 'r'
25/02/2006 at 10:43
Ok not a proper flick but all kids will love this: Lego Spiderman - The Peril of Doc Och. Just goes to show how far you can go with just music and action - Unbelievable!

25/02/2006 at 20:47
Tonight Matthew, I shall be watching Duets.
26/02/2006 at 00:08
Er-...no, I almost thought you were referring to that little-known Jet Li documentary about the dangers of concussion in substandard stuntmen, "Stars in their eyes" :D
26/02/2006 at 15:17
Quote of the day from Animal House

Otter—"Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did.

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals.
For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system?
And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general?
I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!"
[Leads the Deltas out of the hearing, all humming the Star-Spangled Banner]

absolute class.
26/02/2006 at 21:07
Just watched 'Jacob's Ladder' Adrian Lyne.

Watched it in 1990 at the movies, left the theatre sad, confused and convinced that if I was ever to go mad this film described what it would feel like...

Watched it again, still feel confused and uneasy and am still not sure what the actual ending was...

To echo our American cousins... I like 'closure' but being denied it in this film seems appropriate - Enjoyed it

Tim Robbins was excellent, his best performance Shawshank Redemption excepted (possibly!)

Can't believe Lyne was responsible for 9 1/2 weeks... (He must have dropped some bad acid that week!)
26/02/2006 at 21:31
dunno i love him in Hudsucker proxy. It is so cool because he is so versatile. he can far-out and serious but also goof and fun.

"you know, for kids.."
26/02/2006 at 21:39
god my typing.

*he can do far-out and serious as well as goofy and fun.
26/02/2006 at 21:54
yeah, I see what you mean FH... My only criticism of him in 'Jacobs Ladder' is he looks about 19... but he has kids who look about 12-13.

Still, suppose you can't help how you look.

I'm going to see 'Good Night and Good luck' tomorrow at the Tyneside Cinema.
26/02/2006 at 21:58
enjoy I still havent seen the second half mate.

26/02/2006 at 22:02
Animal House.
<moo sheds a little tear of nostalgia>
I remember seeing it at the movies in Cambridge, Mass- er when it was first released, followed by a frat party at B.U...no, it wasn't a toga party :)

Any of you remember that other delicacy directed by John Landis, "Kentucky Fried Movie"? Particularly, the "A fistful of Yen" sketch :)

I didn't watch a single movie all weekend, I'm on "Midsomer" at the moment :)
26/02/2006 at 22:04
Ha Ha... I'm staying dry till the film finishes.

Just been looking at the programme... they're showing the original 'Godzilla' and 'Blade Runner' next week... afternoon though,

I can feel a sickie about to happen.
26/02/2006 at 22:05
I liked Kentucky Fried movie... fist full of yen was very very funny
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.