seen any good flicks lately?

6,001 to 6,020 of 6,530 messages
28/10/2009 at 17:56

Lol Parklife... quite

[b]Marcus Licinius Crassus[/b]: Do you eat oysters?
Antoninus: When I have them, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you eat snails?
Antoninus: No, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you consider the eating of oysters to be moral and the eating of snails to be immoral?
Antoninus: No, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: Of course not. It is all a matter of taste, isn't it?
Antoninus: Yes, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: And taste is not the same as appetite, and therefore not a question of morals.
Antoninus: It could be argued so, master.
Marcus Licinius Crassus: My robe, Antoninus. My taste includes both snails and oysters

(I'm not keen on shellfish BTW)

28/10/2009 at 18:37

Corinth - yep, read your review, watched it, reviewed it myself. Don't tell me you don't remember all my reviews?

28/10/2009 at 18:42

Top Gun is def a dick flick.

See what I did there? Didja? Didja?

Love Actually is the film I have actually cried through solidly pretty much from start to finish.  It just cripples me, all the stories in there resonate one way or another (apart from bloody Hugh Grant and Martine McWhat'sHerFace of course).

Thelma and Louise is a pretty good chick flick with some bite methinks.

28/10/2009 at 18:51

I saw it Mouse - nice one

Love Actually makes me shed a few tears too.  And I do quite like Top Gun.  Maybe I need to admit something to myself

28/10/2009 at 18:55
lol at Dick Flick Mouse. I like that.
28/10/2009 at 18:58

Mouse -

Last time I watched Love Actually I was busy counting how many times the word 'actually' was used. It seemed amusing at the time.

28/10/2009 at 19:00
SVT - I actually think you could have got at least 2 more "actuallys" into that sentence.
28/10/2009 at 19:01
Actually BDB you could actually be actually right. Actually.
28/10/2009 at 19:02

Muppets.

28/10/2009 at 19:02
Nope, never actually seen a Muppets fillum.
28/10/2009 at 19:06

Really?

Have you never seen the Muppet Christmas Carol with Michael Cain.  It's a fantastic film - better than that Great Escape rubbish on Christmas Day!

28/10/2009 at 19:10

I will make a point of watching/recording it this Christmas if it's on.

I have free Sky Screen1 this weekend. Largely disappointing, but I shall be watching or recording:
Enchanted
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Atonement (again)
The Incredible Hulk??? Nah, maybe not.
National Treasure: Book of Secrets

So nothing spectacular that I haven't seen before.

28/10/2009 at 19:12

Course you did SVT.... I must have been erm.... away

'Dick flick'... (That one is going in the notebook)

28/10/2009 at 19:13
Could I add 'High Fidelity' to the 'dick flick' category? It's essentially a chick flick for blokes.
29/10/2009 at 12:16

I love Thelma and Louise and so does my Dad.

SVT - re: High Fidelity, I loved the book but the film was really disappointing.

31/10/2009 at 14:04

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

Saw this on Thursday night as part of the Bad Film Club (the clue is in the title - its bad!). No its no a black and white B movie - this film was made in 2009 and you can still get on DVD for about £5.  Get a few friends round with a crate of beer and have a laugh. At the cinema the audience was divided into 2 to cheer on the shark or the octopus.  The effects are terrible and the acting is awful but its so bad its good.  In case theres any doubt - this is not meant to be a funny film, but it is.

31/10/2009 at 16:54

There's a Bad Film Club?! Where? What? When? etc. That sounds brilliant.

I've had this recommended as a great bad film, a genre of which Mrs SVT and I are big fans. Anyone for Komodo vs Cobra? Or the true awfulness of Anaconda 3, featuring the Hoff?

31/10/2009 at 17:03

Details here:  Bad Film Club

Its one of the funniest nights out you'll ever have.

Komodo vs Cobra sounds good.  

01/11/2009 at 11:42

ooh

im getting very excited about seeing this one.

anyone seen up or district 9?

01/11/2009 at 12:47

Seen District 9 JB.  I thought it was v good.

Saw The Golden Compass last night - I take it its one of a series as it ended abruptly?  Great special effects.  Loved the cuddly polar bear.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.