M...eldy    pirate
02/09/2013 at 19:27

I dont recognise half of those names!

Trogs    pirate
02/09/2013 at 22:51

Recognize four names but only actually know who two of them are

03/09/2013 at 13:31

I take it Brucie is still presenting?

I'll be recording it and fast-forwarding through the bits where he tells "jokes".

03/09/2013 at 13:57

Yep Brucie is still there. Didn;t recognise all of the names (i.e. none of the soap stars) but did know a few others. Though Tony Jacklin must be late sixties if not early 70s and indeed he is 69!  However it doesn;t really matter, let's see how they get on.

No Flavia and Vincent this year nor Erin. Apparently Aliona is back though, having been dropped as Natalie has broken her foot.

03/09/2013 at 14:53

I recognise seven of the names, but don't think I'd recognise most of them if I passed them in the street!

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
04/09/2013 at 06:31

I know hardly any of the names! That won't last though, being on Strictly at least makes these 'unknowns' into household names. Interesting to see if Dave can dance as well as cook!

04/09/2013 at 07:30

And once again there is controversy that one contestant has already had previous dance training. Can't remember which one though cos I don't know half of them either. 

Oh dear, Bruce again. 

yeo
04/09/2013 at 09:00

Oh dear, Bruce

My money's on Ben Cohen cos I'm a fan.  

I'm probably shooting my own application in the foot, but if you want tickets you need to apply here by Friday http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/strictly_come_dancing_2013

05/09/2013 at 15:15

Wouldn;t like to comment on any of them until we have seen them dance first time. I thought Victoira Pendleton would be reasonable last year but she just wasn't. You can never be sure.

yeo
07/09/2013 at 22:50
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
08/09/2013 at 08:21

ddn't watch it last night, but will catch up on catch up later 

Like most others, don't know most of them, but it looks like some nice eye candy to pass the autumn evenings 

08/09/2013 at 10:58

Watched it last night. Bruce was dreadful and it was a rubbbish show really. But I like one of the new male pros - can't remember his name, the one who got paired last. He's a wonderful dancer. 

Vanessa is annoying already and I can't see her lasting long. 

Even though I don't know half of them I'm expecting some good dancing from the start. There's a lot of potential from the group dance. See you all at the end of the month. 

08/09/2013 at 16:12

Yay!!   Hello everybody - we are back again!!

Agree Soupy, the new guy, Kevin looks good and he is on a bonus being paired with Susanna who looks like she can move a bit, expect them in for a while.  Will wait for the first show to post my thoughts on all of them but one or two stand out already for a variety of reasons.

Natalie looks v good but I think she is the one with previous experience so wil suffer from 'ringah' status (like DVO last year but in this case she seems like a nice girl)

Don't mind Vanessa myself but she can't dance - so long James!

Hairy Biker can't dance either but may survive a few weeks as he seems a nice guy.

Sophie may be very good, I would say she will excel at ballroom rather than latin, a lot depens on her relationship with Brendan.

Ben looks a bit wooden but if he learns quickly may do well

Abbey I really cannot stand, not sure why the nice Peter Crouch married her   She should be able to dance a bit but her manner and most certainly her voice get right on my wick!

Roll on 3 weeks

Nice to see you all again

08/09/2013 at 16:27

Bit early to start guessing on performances but I'm betting dragon lady Debra will turn out to be good at ballroom.

08/09/2013 at 19:02

Hello everyone!

So pleased that Artem got a good dancer this year

I almost feel sorry for James getting Vanessa 

Can't wait to see them all in action even though a couple of them *cough* Dave Myers *cough* look a bit car crash!

09/09/2013 at 10:30

Hi Everyone!

So glad someone has started a Strictly thread already

I'm gutted that I missed out on applying for tickets, I thought I had a couple more weeks. Oh well ...

Sad that Vincent, Flavia and Natalie aren't joining this year. Is Erin still there? I went out on Saturday night so only saw half the show (I need to start planning my social life around Strictly for the rest of Autumn)

09/09/2013 at 11:05

Erin has gone and Natalie's missing this year due to foot injury  Aliona was brought back to replace her but it looks as though she won't be here for long...

There are too many new dancers, will take ages to work out who they are!

09/09/2013 at 15:08

Please you're still here Little Nemo!

09/09/2013 at 17:15

Cheers Ironwolf

It's lovely to be back and see the familiar Strictly Gang!

09/09/2013 at 20:34

Not sure as I initially warmed to the 2 new girls (even though there was 3 with Iveta, we know her from last year with Johnny), they seemed a bit 'brash' to me.  I miss Erin and Camilla and Lilia and Nicole  All the original girls were so nice.  I didn't care for Natalie at first but now really like her so I'll give them a chance

Looking forward to the BBC putting up some initial training video's

21 to 40 of 323 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.