Seriously proud of our cyclists

41 to 47 of 47 messages
19/08/2008 at 17:56
Buney wrote (see)

strangely enough Wales isnt and never has been part of or near London

They can't do mountainy/hilly stuff in London so they have to leave the Capital.  Might as well be Wales as anywhere.
19/08/2008 at 17:57
I wonder if the Olympic success will lead to a greater public interest in cycling as a sport.
19/08/2008 at 18:07
dunno - listening to chat on the radio today (people whining about how much money was invested in sports cycling being cash rich, posh sports only delivering medals balahblah) it was noted that the Olympic success effect only tends to last for a few weeks and tends to attract people form other sports anyway rather than Sofa Spuds ! I guess the point is that for people already taking part it gives them aspirational heroes  and targets to aim for when there is success in their sport?
19/08/2008 at 18:09
At least it gots to be better for the nation's health than watching Big Brother every night !
19/08/2008 at 18:11
And constant bad news - credit crunch, fuel prices,washout summer,  teenage stabbings - theyve gone down a bit havent they - maybe we need 24/7 Olympic success tv!
20/08/2008 at 10:53
Many thanks FB - you've got mail.
19/09/2008 at 09:56

Slightly off the point but cycling and running aren't always compatible.

After 35 years of running and a few knee ops plus the resultant arthritis, was really struggling even to walk sometimes. The obvious culprit was the running although there were times when I felt better and looser after a 30-40 minute run.  Then one day, was forced to do a long bike commute of about 12 miles and found myself barely able to walk afterwards the knees were so sore. A light switched on. I stopped cycling more than 2-3 miles and am running freely for the first time in years.

Edited: 19/09/2008 at 09:57

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.