Sheffield social

Anyone up for it?

16,941 to 16,960 of 32,746 messages
25/10/2010 at 08:36

Morning everyone. Mr BB in bed still, as he let me lie in yesterday & he's back on nights today.

Lee...you are a star & I now feel I have a plan. I'll be running 10k in under 40 mins before you know it

Which is the best garmin to have?  I only have a cheap stopwatch, which has surfficed for now.

Might try & nip out on the bike for a gentle ride. Legs feel a bit tired today, so I won't over do it. If not will go to the gym later for some cardio.  Think we're off out for lunch, then MrBB can pop into sainsbury's while I watch the girls at millhouses play area.  Nothing worse than trying to shop with 3 small folk

25/10/2010 at 08:44

Ooo - got some reading back to do here! Morning all

Having a good morning so far:

Run done (brrrrrr!)

New sports bra does the job it's meant to

Ran past the petrol station, man in astra stopped to let me run past, I waved and said thanks, and he yelled "S'alright gorgeous!!"  . Now, it was dark, and I was quite sweaty by then so it's quite likely that he couldn't really see me that well, but who cares? I take compliments where I can get them these days

25/10/2010 at 08:48
Oh God I saw the 305 on offer somewhere - I'll see if I can find the link.
25/10/2010 at 08:52

Amazon

You can get it a few quid cheaper from other internet sites but you'd pay delivery. I paid 95 quid for mine from Halfords a while back as Baz had found a voucher.

If you don't buy one straight away BB I might be upgrading mine for the waterproof version at some point so I'll be selling my 305.

25/10/2010 at 08:53
Morning and what a great morning it is 7 nights done and dusted and now its two weeks off. Plenty of training to get done.
25/10/2010 at 08:57

Sorry BB I'm not with it - the 305 has the heart rate function which you'll want if you're following Lees advice. The 205 doesn't. Dawn got a cheaper version from Decathlon, but I'm not entirely sure of the accuracy. The 405 is posh and pretty otherwise similar to the 305, the 301 is waterproof.

Get the 305 I reckon.

25/10/2010 at 09:32
Len (prev. YL) wrote (see)

Ooo - got some reading back to do here! Morning all

Having a good morning so far:

Run done (brrrrrr!)

New sports bra does the job it's meant to

Ran past the petrol station, man in astra stopped to let me run past, I waved and said thanks, and he yelled "S'alright gorgeous!!"  . Now, it was dark, and I was quite sweaty by then so it's quite likely that he couldn't really see me that well, but who cares? I take compliments where I can get them these days

Ha ha Len! I missed that! I get where you're coming from - a few years ago just after Id had the kids - (looked like shit, self esteem really low) these dudes in a white van wolf whistled - I smiled sweetly and thanked them and  they said - 'not you love - her!' and pointed to some fit young thing a few paces behind
25/10/2010 at 09:32

Mornin!

(Belated) Race Report - Blackpoolwas bloomin beautiful on Sunday with the race setting off from the track in Stanley Park. It was chilly but not really slippery thankfully and the field seemed to be a small on e with about a 100 runners nearly all from local clubs of which Lancaster seemed the most prominent.

I started quite near the front for the lap and a half of the track which began the race. I pretended to be a good runner for about 800m, going off way too quick. The markers were in miles not kilometres and that totally threw me. I knew I wanted 4.20/4.25 per kilometre but couldn`t translate that quickly to miles! However, I knew that 6.30 for the first mile was far too fast for me. I slowed and settled in behind a Lancaster runner for the next couple of miles and tracked his pace. We were around 7 min/miles but he then seemed to slow after the first lap of the course so I picked it up a bit.

I was pretty much on my own for quite a while but felt strong going through 5k in about 21.30. For a bit I though I was going to smash my PB but I forgot about the 0.2 at the end! I really pushed hard during the final kilometre and got a good pace for the track finish as I really wanted to dip under 44 minutes, which I did. I was very pleased with the way I ran the race. I knew I could get some decent times off the back of the marathon but I also realised that I`d done just 2 speed sessions since August so 10k would maybe be a bit quick.  Roll on Worksop!

MOZ - I actually wore (cheap Aldi) compression socks to race in yesterday for the first time ever and they felt nice, and I`m wearing another pair now. Also I did the RW race sharpener on the treadmill on Wednesday (1200m at 10k pace, 3 mins rest, 800m at 5k pace, 2.5 minutes rest and then 400m at 1 mile pace) so I`m happy with that suggestion.

25/10/2010 at 10:12

My watch is ok for now but I think when I buy one, I'll probably get the waterproof too, especially if I'm going to be doing tri's.

ET....interesting breakdown of the race. I'm a bit old school & still work in minute per mile. I guess I should really learn in kilomete's.

Right am having a nosiey at the link Lee put up. I always like to look at the hill pics to see painful they are

25/10/2010 at 10:16

Morning all

Thanks for adding the link to the Silkstone shuffle Lee ,Is it near Silkstone Common? We used to go over that way quite alot  to Sykehouse arena with the horses

25/10/2010 at 10:19
BionicBetty wrote (see)

ET....interesting breakdown of the race. I'm a bit old school & still work in minute per mile. I guess I should really learn in kilomete's.

Yeah I do too but not if it`s a 10k. I know what minute miles I need to run for a half or a 10 miler but not for a 10k.

If anyone wants to join me for a run on Wednesday that`d be nice but I need to run 2 miles (of whatever the distance) at HM tempo so about 7.45min miles which would suit some folk maybe.

Thanks all for the congrats on me 10k!

Go Baz! (What time does he start and what time is he going for? I guess PB but what`s that? 3.40ish?)

Also a reminder to anyone who fancies it to enter the Stockport 10 soon before it sells out. It`d be an ideal step or prep for a New year half and it`s supposed to have pretty much the best goody bag anywhere!

LS - Yes thanks , I got the mara stuff (I think you may have missed my reply). Not read it yet though tbh.

25/10/2010 at 10:25
haileunlikely wrote (see)

nice one ET

and in reply to Bionic Bertie's question about 'what have you done to your achilles, Haile?"...i tweaked it in august and its been a reet twat to recover from.....finally i do think it is on the mend as i managed two 2 mile runs at the back end of last week with no grumbles, where previously i had been hobbling about for a couple of days afterwards. so hopefully in a month or so i can come out to play with you lot again

so its a for hayley's achilles

My Achilles has been giving me some pain for a few months now,Seems ok running it's when coming down the stairs in a morning it click's and gives me a bit of pain,after a walk about the pain has almost gone....... Hope it wont turn into a major problem   
25/10/2010 at 10:51
Well done ET! When is the Stockport 10? I can't do wednesday mate as i'm running with Mr BB and Riggsy in the afternoon. Can do any other day!
25/10/2010 at 11:20
Richie Boy wrote (see)
Well done ET! When is the Stockport 10? I can't do wednesday mate as i'm running with Mr BB and Riggsy in the afternoon. Can do any other day!

12/12/10. Where you guys running on Wednesday?

Race-wise, I might also do Barsley and Bolsover 10k`s as runs rather than full-on races as I `ve no desire to 10k PB chase for a bit so I`ll run with anyone who wants company / pace maker at those events - ? I`ve beaten now my 10k best 3 times this year. Might try to do it in under 7 min/miles when the time is right. Also improved my half 3 times and beaten my 10 mile best.

Get well soon, Cake!

Is there a mara tracker in Dubbers this year. It was cool tracking Moz last year, until it became worrying that she DNF!

25/10/2010 at 11:29
ooH. Just read. Bad luck Baz.
25/10/2010 at 11:32
the egyptian toe wrote (see)
ooH. Just read. Bad luck Baz.

Why? Whats happened?
25/10/2010 at 11:49
Whats happened with Baz?

ET i'm not sure where we are running Mr BB could tell you, i just wanted an off road run ahead of sundays Bronte. I could do with you helping me get my 10k time down mate! Only 10k i've got planned at the moment is Abbey Dash.
25/10/2010 at 12:06
WHat's happened to Baz???
25/10/2010 at 12:07
Kenyan bloke has won it. No sign of Baz on the podium.
25/10/2010 at 12:09
Oh! Ha ha - I was worried then! I'm sure he came 4th....
16,941 to 16,960 of 32,746 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.