Sheffield social

Anyone up for it?

16,961 to 16,980 of 34,171 messages
13/10/2010 at 22:58

Ey up gang! How's it going?!

Sorry I haven't been round much lately, you life seems to have got busier since I finished work! I've been all over the place the last few weeks but it's been great! Still feel like I'm on holiday at the moment, the reality of being unemployed hasn't really kicked in yet! Gonna go and enjoy Argentina, totally chill out and enjoy the experience and then think about what's next for me when I get back.

It seems that there has been about 784pages of posting on here since I was last on so there's no chance I'm reading back but hello to all the newbies, there seems to be a lot of you!!

To pick up on a few things from the last couple of pages though...

Shoes - think Bex basically had it right, you need the right shoe for the right equation, I've got lightweight racers, road, trail, fell and cross country spikes, in terms of what I use them for, the names pretty much say it all really!

Snow - Love it, best runs I've had this year have been in the snow, roads go icy and horrible so stay off road and wear trail or fell shoes and grip won't really be a problem.

Wetsuits / Trisuits - Bex / Cake / All those in the know, please can you forgive my ignorance and explain when you should wear a trisuit and when you should wear a wetsuit? If you wear a wetsuit, do you have a Tru suit on underneath so you're good to go when you take off the wet suit??

Events / training-wise I've been busy, Duathlon in Scotland (great event / ok performance by me!), Wingather (great event / ok performance by me!) plus lots of swimming (have joined Ponds Forge) and a bit of biking, including a great ride with Mozzy the other day. It will all go out the window a week today though as I'll be off on me hols!

Baz - how's the training? not long till Dublin now!

Aitch! - I have The Illustrated Pepys to take with me on holiday, sounds interesting! Great idea with the class today.

BMBecky    pirate
13/10/2010 at 22:59
I think you mean not Bex, cos I know she's stopping in a Lush hotel in Manchester and I'm not envious at all!
13/10/2010 at 22:59

RB.....I'm sure he would...well we both would actually but he's having the crapper bike

13/10/2010 at 23:03
*waves at Stu*    I'm Liz., was that you I saw biking with Mozzy while walking my dogs?
13/10/2010 at 23:06

Yes indeed that was me BB, hi!

13/10/2010 at 23:13
Bex forgot about your romantic love affair in manchester sorry but you know you would of been welcome just incase i forget later...have a fab weekend!

BB - yes you do one too, we need to pick one to do and look at all the ins and outs with kit etc. Walts bikes a pile of shite but i know it will serve him fine, in fact we will pedal faster to get away from the squeeking ha. Ooh i'm exited now, we can plan training and stuff.
I think this is the way foward for me...... Running build it up and do a few halfs then step up to 20mile events then marathon. Do a few duathlons and constantly improve swimming the tackle a triathlon
good plan Rich!
13/10/2010 at 23:17
I'm off out on the Giant tomorrow for the first time this year. I hope I don't come a cropper
13/10/2010 at 23:23

Good luk BB!

Cake - thanks, so when you wear a wetsuit for tri's do you still wear a tri suit underneath so you can just whip the wetsuit off in transition and set off without having to put anything else on??

13/10/2010 at 23:25
BB you talking about a bike? You will be ok just go easy, i wanted to get out on mine today but felt too tired and wanted to make most of Loli! I think i will get out tomorrow and try and improve my cardio a bit b4 sunday without taxing my legs. A week ago i would of said i'll come and meet you but i know better now
13/10/2010 at 23:27

Evening

Lots going off again on here

Nice to hear from you again Stu hope you enjoy Argentina

13/10/2010 at 23:42
Had a quick google, can't find any place called Pirates in the Sheffield area.
14/10/2010 at 04:18
Hi Stuart
14/10/2010 at 04:22
BM Becky wrote (see)
BB/Insem, yep, know John from years ago!  (pre marriage & kids)
BM-
I've known John some years ( 25+ years )
14/10/2010 at 07:24

Morning all

Morning Stu- nice to see you back. Have a fantastic time in Argentina

RB- I'm usually up for a beer and a chin wag but already have plans for this Friday.

14/10/2010 at 07:45

Shtew - I got mine from Alex - it faired ok in a price comparison. You can order through James's too - so do a google search and find one that you like - if they have an account with the suppliers they'll order it in so you can try it. They price match so you can try on and get it as cheap as you may have found it on the internet. Or if you can find the time - bobby on down to TFN in Nottingham - they have a good selection for you to try on. Right time to buy as they're flogging the summer stock off!

Morning dudes

14/10/2010 at 07:46
Richie Boy wrote (see)
BB you talking about a bike? You will be ok just go easy, i wanted to get out on mine today but felt too tired and wanted to make most of Loli! I think i will get out tomorrow and try and improve my cardio a bit b4 sunday without taxing my legs. A week ago i would of said i'll come and meet you but i know better now

Yes that's true. I could be a right psyco
14/10/2010 at 07:54
Morning

BB - funny

Sheila - shame
Aitch!    pirate
14/10/2010 at 08:12

Morning

Hey Stu! We have missed you here! Glad the world of unemployment is treating you well. When are you off on your travels?

Blimey I am tired today. Drove to school like a zombie! Found it most difficult getting out of bed today Had a proper scary dream last night and I woke up thinking thank fck it isn't true!!!!!!!!!

Right, best get set up.

14/10/2010 at 08:13

Morning! Hello Stu

Moz - there were noticese put up at the Goodwin recently saying you couldn't use it without a Uni card. No idea if they're sticking to that or not though... I swam last night at Chapeltown and ended up *really* annoyed at the kids just faffing about and getting in the way. Grrrr... Like the idea of getting a tow from Bex up and down Ponds Forge though

Aitch - I love the sound of your class. Amlost makes me want to teach!! And then I remember that the one 6 year old I have at home is more than I can cope with lol...

Cake - you're baking??? Am happy to try any test-cakes

Morning everyone else

In bad news - I have a cold I've been ignoring it for a week, hoping it would go away, but no. I have a cold. Blurghhh.

BMBecky    pirate
14/10/2010 at 08:19
Theinseminator wrote (see)
BM Becky wrote (see)
BB/Insem, yep, know John from years ago!  (pre marriage & kids)
BM-
I've known John some years ( 25+ years )

Should I be worried I might have met you in a previous life??  I used to go to the Marquis/Old Hall occasionally 10-13 years ago!

OI!  RB I said I'm happy to meet to cycle in the day, or at the pool, just not on my own in the dark in the woods!  A girls gotta be careful these days.

mcshtew - most important thing re tri suits is the fit, need to be tight so no drag in the pool.  Incase you didn't see before Alex has wetsuit I bought reduced to £100, end of seson bargin! 

(for the record Cake & I don't have shares in his shop, but he is an "absolutely, thoroughly, bloody nice bloke" )

16,961 to 16,980 of 34,171 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.