Sheffield social

Anyone up for it?

16,961 to 16,980 of 32,746 messages
25/10/2010 at 12:44
What time will Baz have finished?

25/10/2010 at 12:45

LOL - all those with a Parkrun PB from Saturday may want to check their update on Facebook (timing error apparently - oops).

Go Baz .

ET - i think you'll be doing faster than 7 m/m if Cake is giving chase after that little misunderstanding

25/10/2010 at 12:47
The bloke returned my call about the bus for the Bronte run and i can pay on the day and he's giving me a seat. Whats everyone elses travelling arrangements? I have 2 seats free in my van
25/10/2010 at 12:49
So if thats right Diddz then Moz was even slower???
25/10/2010 at 13:05

Well done ET!

Cake wrote (see)
 You tit you just scared the hell out of me.

You had me worried too though.

Hope you're feeling better soon Cake

I'm thinking of doing the Barnsley 10k as it's one of our club races. I haven't entered yet though but it's usually ok to enter that one on the day I think. I was interested to see your offer of pacemaking ET but I'd be far too slow for you, I'd be very happy with 50-55 mins.

I'm getting a bit worried about the Bronte Way now- I haven't done a race (other than the Trunce dressed as a clown so that doens't really count does it)?  since the Peak Forest fell race in July. 

I have been running about 20 miles per week though and doing the press up challenge (11, 13, 9, 9, 14 last time) and can manage a 2mins 30secs plank now so not been completley idle.

25/10/2010 at 13:21
Richie Boy wrote (see)
 Whats everyone elses travelling arrangements? I have 2 seats free in my van
I might just take you up on that offer Richie.
25/10/2010 at 13:46
I'm up for Barnsley 10k if it doesn't clash with anything, what date is that?

Sheila if you are running 10k in 50-55mins then your about my pace and i'd like to think thats pretty good
25/10/2010 at 14:40
PJAZ wrote (see)

LOL - all those with a Parkrun PB from Saturday may want to check their update on Facebook (timing error apparently - oops).

Go Baz .

ET - i think you'll be doing faster than 7 m/m if Cake is giving chase after that little misunderstanding

Just read about the timing error on facebook. It says anyone from about 15th to 100th got the time of the person in front of them I came 15th! If I got the time of the person in front of me then my time should be the time of the person behind me (I think - just got up !) that would meen I did 19:57 so still a PB and still under 20 mins. (and I don't have to run as fast to get a new pB next time). This would also mean I lost 7 seconds for that dog.

Glad Baz did well today.

Edited: 25/10/2010 at 15:08
25/10/2010 at 14:41
25/10/2010 at 14:41
Well done Baz i'm really impressed!
25/10/2010 at 14:52
ET - well done on the 10k fella. Good report too I definitely didn't get an email off you. The guy who coordinates the SYXC had emailed me some stuff and that didn't arrive either so I'm clearly having some issues.

Barnsley 10k is 14th Nov for info. Undulating course. Tough last 2 miles. It's mile markers there too

Sheila - they do have day entries at Barnsley but in 2008 they were full before the day. Last year they only had a few day entries too. Also it's an extra £4 to enter on day. So you may be ok entering on day but don't be too surprised if it's full.

Well done Baz, but got a feeling he won't be overly happy with that
25/10/2010 at 15:06
Oh did he? That's a real shame cos he's trained hard for it. Hope it's nothing too serious. Under the circumstances that time is pretty good then eh? Done well to just finish really, so well done Bazzler
25/10/2010 at 15:15
You seem to know pretty much what happened this morning. Nice stalking

4.12 after a knee explosion at 20 miles. Splits range from 8.20 to 16.59.

Actually pretty happy to be honest. The race went pear shaped and I managed to save it. Obviously not going pear shaped is the goal but you can only play the hand your dealt. I might be back next year.

Becky was awesome cycling around Dublin and we saw her four times around the course.
25/10/2010 at 15:17

Baz

Glad your happy with the save. Hope the knee recovers quickly.

Top cycling from Becky

Hope your recovering with a pint or 5 of the blackstuff

Well done

25/10/2010 at 15:33

Well done Baz! and top cycling Beck - top supporter

25/10/2010 at 15:36
Well done Baz

Well done on having the mental strength to change tactics at 5 miles. Sometimes it just doesn't happen on the day - for a variety of reasons. Recognising that and re-adjusting your goals takes courage and real mental strength. Without the knee prob you'd have still nailed the sub-4, but well done on just finishing fella - loads of positives to take from your race by the sounds
25/10/2010 at 15:49

Aww well done Baz     Hope the knee doesn't keep troubling you.  Isn't Becky a star?

My legs hurt today...well the bottom inside edge of my calves. Wish I knew what it was

Been out to lunch with Mr BB & the girls, then sat sunning myself at millhouses park, while Mr BB walked the aisle of Tesco. Just trying to decide wether to go to the gym or have a quick zip on the bike while the suns out

25/10/2010 at 16:00
Well done Baz and Becky 
25/10/2010 at 16:24
Mr BB - missed your post re Silkstone Common. Yeah the race goes pretty much on it really. Race HQ is down at the bottom of the hill at Silkstone Sports Ground (where the football and cricket pitches are). The route takes you up the hill to Silkstone Common on the narrow lane/Farmer's Track (past the fishing lake). Up to the top, across a bit and then back down the fields, tracks. hedges etc. The 4th mile is actually on the Gallops where they exercise the horses. As I say, a nice course with a good mix of up and down hills, trail, woods, fields etc. Trail shoes advantageous but not essential - loads run it in just road shoes
25/10/2010 at 16:25

Well done Baz and Becky's mate Sally  and Becky too of course!

Thanks for the info about the Barnsley 10k Lee   better print off an entry form.

16,961 to 16,980 of 32,746 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.