Sheffield social

Anyone up for it?

16,961 to 16,980 of 34,101 messages
13/10/2010 at 22:26
No...he's not a swimmer
13/10/2010 at 22:28
Len/Bex - could I swim at Goodwin tomorrow even though I'm not a member?
BMBecky    pirate
13/10/2010 at 22:29
BB/Insem, yep, know John from years ago!  (pre marriage & kids)
13/10/2010 at 22:34
Good night folks
13/10/2010 at 22:34
BM Becky wrote (see)

I didn't know you were married with kids
13/10/2010 at 22:35
Night Baz
BMBecky    pirate
13/10/2010 at 22:36
Mozzy wrote (see)
BM Becky wrote (see)

I didn't know you were married with kids

I hide it (them?) well
13/10/2010 at 22:38
Mozzy- you don't have to be a member to swim at Goodwin. If you've got a university ID badge for work you'll get a discount too.

It's way past my bed time. Good night all
13/10/2010 at 22:38
Bex - can I swim at Goodwin even though I'mnot a member (last post got lostat the bottom of the last page)?
13/10/2010 at 22:39
Ooh ta Sheils (x post) I don't have a uni badge. Oh hang on. . .I might . . .where the feck is it?
13/10/2010 at 22:39
BB - do you think he would be up for a duathlon? I'm sure i could get Walt involved and i think its the way i'm going to go until i master front crawl and win the lottery

Moz - wish i could of joined you and ET earlier, thats just what i need to bring me on at 10k
13/10/2010 at 22:53
Cake or anyone else but not Bex unless group numbers are confirmed - what you up to friday evening? Fancy a couple beers and a chin wag?
13/10/2010 at 22:58

Ey up gang! How's it going?!

Sorry I haven't been round much lately, you life seems to have got busier since I finished work! I've been all over the place the last few weeks but it's been great! Still feel like I'm on holiday at the moment, the reality of being unemployed hasn't really kicked in yet! Gonna go and enjoy Argentina, totally chill out and enjoy the experience and then think about what's next for me when I get back.

It seems that there has been about 784pages of posting on here since I was last on so there's no chance I'm reading back but hello to all the newbies, there seems to be a lot of you!!

To pick up on a few things from the last couple of pages though...

Shoes - think Bex basically had it right, you need the right shoe for the right equation, I've got lightweight racers, road, trail, fell and cross country spikes, in terms of what I use them for, the names pretty much say it all really!

Snow - Love it, best runs I've had this year have been in the snow, roads go icy and horrible so stay off road and wear trail or fell shoes and grip won't really be a problem.

Wetsuits / Trisuits - Bex / Cake / All those in the know, please can you forgive my ignorance and explain when you should wear a trisuit and when you should wear a wetsuit? If you wear a wetsuit, do you have a Tru suit on underneath so you're good to go when you take off the wet suit??

Events / training-wise I've been busy, Duathlon in Scotland (great event / ok performance by me!), Wingather (great event / ok performance by me!) plus lots of swimming (have joined Ponds Forge) and a bit of biking, including a great ride with Mozzy the other day. It will all go out the window a week today though as I'll be off on me hols!

Baz - how's the training? not long till Dublin now!

Aitch! - I have The Illustrated Pepys to take with me on holiday, sounds interesting! Great idea with the class today.

BMBecky    pirate
13/10/2010 at 22:59
I think you mean not Bex, cos I know she's stopping in a Lush hotel in Manchester and I'm not envious at all!
13/10/2010 at 22:59

RB.....I'm sure he would...well we both would actually but he's having the crapper bike

13/10/2010 at 23:03
*waves at Stu*    I'm Liz., was that you I saw biking with Mozzy while walking my dogs?
13/10/2010 at 23:06

Yes indeed that was me BB, hi!

13/10/2010 at 23:13
Bex forgot about your romantic love affair in manchester sorry but you know you would of been welcome just incase i forget later...have a fab weekend!

BB - yes you do one too, we need to pick one to do and look at all the ins and outs with kit etc. Walts bikes a pile of shite but i know it will serve him fine, in fact we will pedal faster to get away from the squeeking ha. Ooh i'm exited now, we can plan training and stuff.
I think this is the way foward for me...... Running build it up and do a few halfs then step up to 20mile events then marathon. Do a few duathlons and constantly improve swimming the tackle a triathlon
good plan Rich!
13/10/2010 at 23:17
I'm off out on the Giant tomorrow for the first time this year. I hope I don't come a cropper
13/10/2010 at 23:23

Good luk BB!

Cake - thanks, so when you wear a wetsuit for tri's do you still wear a tri suit underneath so you can just whip the wetsuit off in transition and set off without having to put anything else on??

16,961 to 16,980 of 34,101 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.