should I live alone?

time for a change

21 to 31 of 31 messages
29/09/2010 at 13:54

i've been thinking about moving of home and living by myself (similar situation to LP84) and these comments are quite reassuring!

Still nervous about the prospect of living on my own though.... (got to find somewhere to live first though)

29/09/2010 at 15:40
Oh my GOD! The excitement is reaching breaking point! My first choice slap bang in the middle of Chorlton has gone before I could even view. Going to a viewing tonight and I'm so excited I could burst!!

I know this is what I want and even if I sign the contract this week, it's gonna be 4 weeks before I can leave my current flat.
29/09/2010 at 18:21
LP84 wrote (see)
Oh my GOD! The excitement is reaching breaking point! My first choice slap bang in the middle of Chorlton has gone before I could even view.

That's a shame, but there will be others

LP84 wrote (see)
 Going to a viewing tonight and I'm so excited I could burst!! I know this is what I want and even if I sign the contract this week, it's gonna be 4 weeks before I can leave my current flat.

Right, with the Mrs Sensible hat on here, hope you do like it, but make sure you vote with your head and not your heart - if you have any doubts, get a second viewing and take someone else with you.  If it's not quite right, then don't worry, there'll be something better soon.

Anyhoo, hope it lives up to expectations - can't wait to hear the news.

29/09/2010 at 18:48
Joining the party late - but I'm another vote for living alone

Done it a couple of times in my life and loved it - Mr F gets homesick for Shropshire quite a lot, so I "encourage" him to go back and visit regularly = a night or two of being on my own, bliss!

And BTW, you're just round the corner from me, figuratively speaking, if you mean Chorlton, Manchester - cycle through it every day to get to work.

Good luck
29/09/2010 at 18:57

Living alone is brilliant.  When I split with my ex I lived on my lonesome for a good while, and I found myself more active and more sociable than I'd ever been before.  You tend to make more of an effort to get out and about.

I also loved lazing about watching Skysports with my cock and balls hanging out whenever I pleased.  (Actually, I did that when I was with her anyway, so scrub that part).

M...eldy    pirate
29/09/2010 at 19:10
I am a mad cat lady, I live alone with my cat

I am a miserable old cow and I like it 

Then again no one else wants to live in an old house with no heating and round pin plug sockets and a resident tiger
29/09/2010 at 19:15
Do you really have round pin plugs?  We had them when I was a kid....... and you know how old I am.
M...eldy    pirate
29/09/2010 at 19:28
Yep, they are still in the house although some have been changed over to them modern ones 
29/09/2010 at 20:02
Ahhh buggarations! Just got back from the viewing and was a tad disappointed. The flat was a fraction musty smelling and it was a bit old fashioned. The kitchen and bathroom were so cramped it was unbelievable. Plus I don't 'do' carpets. The living room and bedroom was huuuuge but the rest of the flat was pretty average.

NEXT!

PS. Does 'studio' flat mean you're gonna wake up in bed looking over at the kitchen bin and fridge? Is there literally no bedROOM?
29/09/2010 at 21:04

yes thats what a studio is LP84, i live in one myself.

i usually wake up with a view of a massive boiler  (unless the missus is away) 

30/09/2010 at 08:24
You might get a separate kitchen in a studio flat but you'll be sleeping in the sitting room.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.