Should we affiliate

21 to 29 of 29 messages
09/11/2002 at 11:24
FionaH, that BK keeps trashing me, ignore him.

Seriously, I like it the way it is, it works for me and I am proud to wear the team colours, the extra hassle wouldn't be worth it..
09/11/2002 at 12:01
I agree with Barkles - lots of effort for very little benefit. What's the point? As far as I can see, it's working very nicely as it is.
Psi
09/11/2002 at 15:36
I don't think there's any point affilating URWFRC due to its "non-physical" nature and the inherent looseness of its concept - all you have to do to be a member is get a vest, or even just post on here! :)

We can still be proud of ourselves without the hassle of affilation. I've decided not to go down the affilation route with my running club at work for similar reasons (plus, they wouldn't like a club that wasn't open to the public).
BK
09/11/2002 at 22:28
Barkles, never will you the see the day when I trash you. Snogs!
11/11/2002 at 10:05
I wish I had never asked !!

OK so keep it informal but maybe enter the odd team when appropriate and motivated. I'll give you a race report after Luton and let you know how we go. I am a member of the Road Runners Club as well so affiliation isn't a problem for me either.

DW saw your post and will read it and come back with some thoughts.
11/11/2002 at 11:09
BK, no offence intended but I thought that was a picture of a Wellington Boot. I see now that it's a baby scan. Congrats from me!
11/11/2002 at 11:36
Wellington Boot?
BK
11/11/2002 at 12:59
Cheers Neil. See you Sunday
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
11/11/2002 at 19:49
Affiliate? Oh no! The 'U' in the name stands for 'Unofficial' and that's how I hope it stays, no tiresome committees, affiliation fees, club rules, etc.
Just a loose (no slur intended!) connection of cyberspace friends with a common interest. Anything 'official' would completely remove the charms of logging on here.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.