Single, would like to meet....

RW dating thread

61 to 80 of 165 messages
13/01/2013 at 21:32

Meant to say "we" are still going strong rather than the thread is.  Other half is Woj and his thread - the "Counting" thread I think is also going strong and spawned at least one romance (Dan Dan and Sam). Spread the love I say!

13/01/2013 at 21:40

Have you noticed its the men who are the happy ones and never think/ realise there is anything wrong ! (laughs cynically ) !! really though how many men moan about nagging wives but then are shocked when they walk out.?.guys its not nagging its trying to get through to you ...listen 

13/01/2013 at 21:46
Night Nurse wrote (see)

Have you noticed its the men who are the happy ones and never think/ realise there is anything wrong ! (laughs cynically ) !! really though how many men moan about nagging wives but then are shocked when they walk out.?.guys its not nagging its trying to get through to you ...listen 

Aimed at me I guess.

Well, so there actually wasn't any nagging. I could count the number of arguments we had on one hand over the 17 years we spent together. I just got told one day that she no longer loved me and that was it and it wasn't up for discussion.

I'll admit at that point I had what would be classed as a mental breakdown and spent the best part of a year ticking off just about every stupid idea that you should never do as you think you can win the love of your life back.

Like another poster has mentioned all I ever saw was us spending our life together. I never imagined in my wildest dreams we'd split up. Even less the situation now were we no longer even have any contact with each other.

13/01/2013 at 21:50

NO !!!!!!!! DONT BE SO PARANOID..LOL..

its aimed at most men !!

13/01/2013 at 21:56

Strangely enough, I don't see divorce and the destruction it causes as a laughing matter.

seren nos    pirate
13/01/2013 at 22:07

marriage causes lots of destruction for people as well.........

how many women in the past were forced to live with abusive partners because they had no choice to leave.........

how many had husbands who showed them no love or respect and had to stay wi

th them.........

how many children got brought up in these bad relationships........

divorce is not all bad.......marriage can be just as bad if not worse..

Eggy........maybe if you had argued a bit more you might have discovered that things were not right and might have had a chance to put things right.....rather than it going so far that it was too late.arguements can be a way of communicting that something is wrong

13/01/2013 at 22:09

If she had something to raise she could have done so. I prefer to discuss things and resolve them than argue for the sake of it.

13/01/2013 at 22:10
Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Strangely enough, I don't see divorce and the destruction it causes as a laughing matter.

seren nos wrote (see)

marriage causes lots of destruction for people as well.........

how many women in the past were forced to live with abusive partners because they had no choice to leave.........

how many had husbands who showed them no love or respect and had to stay wi

th them.........

how many children got brought up in these bad relationships........

divorce is not all bad.......marriage can be just as bad if not worse..

Eggy........maybe if you had argued a bit more you might have discovered that things were not right and might have had a chance to put things right.....rather than it going so far that it was too late.arguements can be a way of communicting that something is wrong

Exactly...see women really do see things differently 

13/01/2013 at 22:12

I could easily list as many and more problems caused by divorce. It's a moot point.

Edited: 13/01/2013 at 22:12
13/01/2013 at 22:24

I think everybody has a different experience with marriage and divorce and it is wrong to generalise or comment on anyone elses relationship.  Only the two people involved really know what happened.

I never wanted divorce.  I wanted my husband to listen to me and address my concerns about our relationship.  I was forced to take greater and greater measures to get his attention until it became clear that he was happy for me to go.  That was when I knew that there was nothing worth hanging around for.  He never once made any effort to discuss the problem with me or try to make me stay.

I honestly thought that we are together for life and that nothing would be strong enough to separate us.  One of the reasons I hung around for so long was because I took my vows seriously and couldn't bring myself to break them.  Funny how things change, but at least we had an amicable breakup and still talk regularly and even visit each other.

13/01/2013 at 22:28

the last singles thread went the same way all the threads go, off on a tangent with everyone just insulting each other on a regular basis

*drags over sofa and pringles*

off you all go then

13/01/2013 at 22:28

hey Debster, fab news you and Woj are still together

13/01/2013 at 22:33
Loon. wrote (see)

the last singles thread went the same way all the threads go, off on a tangent with everyone just insulting each other on a regular basis

*drags over sofa and pringles*

off you all go then

I m not insulting anyone ..its an observation..

...goes back to training threads...where I should have stayed..

13/01/2013 at 22:48

lol that wasn't directed at anyone the last long running singles thread was full of regulars who regularly insulted each other. it was very silly and a laugh

13/01/2013 at 22:53

Ok I will hang around and be sarky ...

Some people do need to lighten up a bit though I agree..there is nothing more unattractive than self pity...THAT IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE MALE OR FEMALE OR ANYTHING IN BETWEEN..!!!!

13/01/2013 at 23:20

I'm just lurking for the comedy value, well, obviously not lurking right now, but will be. just dont' tell anyone

13/01/2013 at 23:22

There's also nothing more unattractive than general man hating comments. THAT IS NOT AIMED AT ANYONE EITHER!!!

14/01/2013 at 09:54

Eggy good cos I just love men ...especailly ones with big knobs...

14/01/2013 at 20:30

(I think I see a romance blossoming here )

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
14/01/2013 at 20:34
Get a hat Cilla
61 to 80 of 165 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.