Single, would like to meet....

RW dating thread

81 to 100 of 161 messages
14/01/2013 at 20:50

I've sucessfully paired up three couples in the last 6 months, so maybe I should make a profession of it

15/01/2013 at 07:17

Oooh (delurks) - can you get me one?  Older gentleman with clean personal habits?

I can be known as mature lady with cat

15/01/2013 at 11:19

I have been with my Wife for 7yrs, she just decided one day a relatively short while ago that she didn't want to continue with the relationship, we argued a fair bit but mainly we found that actually we had very little in common. She fell pregnant and we lost the child before all this and that was the catalyst for the decline but that aside, it had been coming. I'm sorting my stuff out at the moment, it's still hard to talk about, I'm not sure what I will be doing in the future. We already have a son together and there is no dispute about access or whatever and I will have him half of the time. My point really is that stuff just happens, it probably isn't a "laughing matter" when people get divorced but hey, life goes on. I'm planning on falling to pieces and if people ask me about it I will answer them truthfully. You can't hide from life. Vent over.

15/01/2013 at 11:20

I meant "I'm NOT planning on falling to pieces!!! haha!

15/01/2013 at 11:34
Phew, was a bit worried there Demon Barber
15/01/2013 at 11:38

I also put "it probably isn't a laughing matter when people get divorced" Probably. haha. It obviously isnt!!. I'm not very switched on today. I hate Tuesdays, they are like the new Mondays.

15/01/2013 at 14:23

You want to pm Caz by the sounds of it DB  - see who she can sort out for you.   Sorry about things going wrong but in the long run who knows - it's a new chapter anyway isnt' it.  

All this talk about women walking in one day and telling unsuspecting men it's over is getting me worried !

15/01/2013 at 14:32

That's exactly how I see it. I feel pretty crap as you would imagine but time passes, one door closes, another opens (insert similar cliches here) etc.

I'm probably not "on the market" yet anyway, I just want a bit of time doing my own thing and I don't feel like any sort of dating or whatever but I'm sure at some point I will do. This is an interesting idea for a thread though, it's not that easy to meet people what with work commitments, I have a Son so I use my time with him. Also, I'm 31 so most of my friends are married, we don't really know any single people!!

I expect a lot of people are in the same boat.

15/01/2013 at 14:33
popsider wrote (see)

All this talk about women walking in one day and telling unsuspecting men it's over is getting me worried !

Don't worry Pops the look on my Ex's face when I walked in 10 years ago last week and said I was packing my bags was priceless... And if it had had any value her solicitor would have taken 75% !

15/01/2013 at 14:34
Really, DB? I'm 29 and most of my friends are just starting to settle down. Some have 1 child, but very few have 2 like me. I think I would find it very difficult to meet anyone new (if I wanted to) because of lack of opportunities.
15/01/2013 at 14:42

In fairness I'm the youngest in my social circle, most of my mates are about 3-5yrs older, I think only a couple of my closest friends are unmarried and they are both engaged so near as.

by 'eck', I reckon you would find someone? Why not?

I think maybe life sometimes gives you an opportunity whether you encouraged it or not?

15/01/2013 at 14:47

Demon Barber - Most of my friends got married in their 20's, including me. I split from my ex aged 35 (now 39). Not a solitary single person among my friends other than me. I'm the only single and childless person amongst my friends. None of my mates knew any single folk either.

15/01/2013 at 15:35

I suppose the answer for us, Eggyh73 and by eck is that we will just have to look outside of the normal circle of friends and acquintances when the time comes. It's daunting. I'm not that thrilled about the prospect of "dating" etc after about 7+yrs!!

15/01/2013 at 15:48

Um, chaps, this thread is 'Single, would like to meet' not 'Single, would NOT like to meet'

15/01/2013 at 15:50
Demon Barber wrote (see)

It's daunting. I'm not that thrilled about the prospect of "dating" etc after about 7+yrs!!

I was the same after 17 years. Although there wasn't much in the way of dating happened anyway, so the dauntingness in my case was unwarranted!

15/01/2013 at 15:51

Too true. That did occur to me, I was just reading some articles and started noseing around this thread. I might look it up again in a while when I'm in better shape.

Cheers chaps, I should be doing actual work anyway!

15/01/2013 at 16:15

I was single for a couple of years (in my early 40s).  Most of my friends were married or living together.

The single male friends were lovely blokes but...  None of my women friends were single.

I met someone at a social organised via this very website.  That was seven years ago 

15/01/2013 at 16:16

Been through it myself DB.  Send time with friends that don't demand anything from you, and don't rush.  Good luck x

15/01/2013 at 17:48

I don't intend to be doing the dating bit.  I've never gone looking for anyone and I don't intend to now.  Either someone will come along and we will click straight away, or something will develop from a friendship.

I think that dating puts you in a false environment.  You do stuff you wouldn't normally do because you are trying to impress rather than just relaxing and seeing what happens.  You are never going to impress if you are trying too hard and the more stressed you are about it all the more likely you are to do or say something stupid.

15/01/2013 at 18:31
Wilkie wrote (see)

I was single for a couple of years (in my early 40s).  Most of my friends were married or living together.

The single male friends were lovely blokes but...  None of my women friends were single.

I met someone at a social organised via this very website.  That was seven years ago 

Quite a lot of people have met via this site

81 to 100 of 161 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.