Six Nations - 2011

The wonder of rugby ;-)

21 to 40 of 130 messages
Iron Pugsley    pirate
01/02/2011 at 23:58
I think Scotland will finish above Wales and Ireland this year but will probably go for the now traditional trouncing by Italy.

England don't have a first place finish in them!
02/02/2011 at 00:52

Like the first post, I think it'll go:

France

Ireland

England

Wales

Scotland

Italy.

04/02/2011 at 09:50
04/02/2011 at 10:01

*bounce bounce*

Good work on the anthem, FF

I have a Waitrose ready-meal (and a lager!) in the fridge so I'm all set for this evening!

My brother bought me a new French jersey* when he was in Paris so I'm not sure whether I should christen it tonight or wait until the French game tomorrow.

* thankfully not one of those skintight lycra ones

04/02/2011 at 14:18
I hope everyone plays to the same rules.  In a lot of games recently it seems the ref has a completely different rulebook - or someone has scribbled over the pages which relate to the scrummage.
04/02/2011 at 14:19
Do they still have scrums ?  I thought they fanny about a bit and then all fall over
04/02/2011 at 14:30

Any more predictions for this weekend's matches?

I'm going for a narrow England win over Wales, Ireland to thump Italy and France to eventually wake up and sneak past Scotland.

ALLEZ LES BLEUES!

04/02/2011 at 14:40

Wales, France, Ireland to win this weekend.

If Wales play like they did for part of the game against the all blacks they will win the 6N.   England  played some good stuff but also some average stuff in the autumn  - think they will have a mixed campaign. Ireland will need to magic up a front row from somewhere in order to compete with the big boys.

04/02/2011 at 18:49
Little Nemo - In Physio wrote (see)

My brother bought me a new French jersey* when he was in Paris so I'm not sure whether I should christen it tonight or wait until the French game tomorrow.

Are you French LN?  Why otherwise would you want to wear a French shirt? 
04/02/2011 at 19:07
I'm going to have to miss the first half!  Have to pick my kids up!  Grrrr!!
M...eldy    pirate
04/02/2011 at 19:34
Feck me .. how big was that bloke that just walked past Inverdale? !!
04/02/2011 at 21:47
Prince Siegfried wrote (see)
Little Nemo - In Physio wrote (see)

Are you French LN?  Why otherwise would you want to wear a French shirt? 

No, I'm not French it's just that when I started watching rugby I had the choice between Will Carling and Serge Blanco. No contest

04/02/2011 at 21:48
M...eldy wrote (see)
Feck me .. how big was that bloke that just walked past Inverdale? !!

He was enormous!!!

Well done England, thought Wales might just sneak it at the end but they held on.

04/02/2011 at 21:55

England did well to hold on at the end.  However they were the better side through the game and took their chances well.  Looking good for the campaign if the injured players come back before the finish.

France are the big threat, but playing at Twickenham?  Nah!

04/02/2011 at 22:10
France haven't played well against England for a while now. Even when they win they play badly!
05/02/2011 at 10:43

*grump*

Managed to avoid all reference to the match while recording it- come back,turn telly on to hear Davina announcing the bl**dy score on some random quiz.

Looks like the scrums could be interesting, can't remember the last time I saw two won against the head.  Hopefully penalising collapsing will encourage keeping it up.

05/02/2011 at 10:52
wales failed to kick their goals, would have been much closer had they done so

loved Jonny making 3 tackles in his first minute on the pitch!
05/02/2011 at 15:18

The scrums were rubbish!

FORZA ITALIA!

05/02/2011 at 16:11
Turgid game in Italy.  Ireland just seem to lack any ambition or confidence.  Come on Italy, you can beat this lot! 
05/02/2011 at 16:17
Italy were robbed
21 to 40 of 130 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.