Six Nations - 2011

The wonder of rugby ;-)

41 to 60 of 130 messages
05/02/2011 at 17:26
Who would have put money on Fra v Sco being the most exciting game of the weekend? :/
05/02/2011 at 18:46

Really enjoyable game - loads of running and tries. Good performance by both sides but France just edged it.

Tres bon!

07/02/2011 at 09:31

Well, it's not going to be a boring tournament then.  It will be interesting to see if things settle down a bit next week- if the French can get their defence working they'll be a hard act to beat.

07/02/2011 at 17:28

Great opening weekend and good to see England kick off with a win.  They need to play a lot better though to win their next 3 games and get that 2nd place.  France looked fantastic and Scotland were great too.  Both are going to be tough to play.  

I was disappointed for Italy, they would have deserved their win against Ireland, but experience under pressure paid off for Ireland.  I don't think Ireland are going to be threatening anyone in the tournament though.

Bring on next weekend

08/02/2011 at 09:17

Hello BDB

I agree with you about Italy, think they panicked a bit at the end. It would have been such a great result for them but I'm sure it won't be long before they claim a scalp against one of the big three. Hope it's not against France this year though

Crash Hamster    pirate
08/02/2011 at 09:49

With more composure, Italy could've landed a last-play drop goal to win; they went too early from too deep...

Noone looked desperately convincing, except France who always have one appalling game per tournament; this could be very interesting...

08/02/2011 at 09:51
Considering that the French are supposed to be in disarray, they looked pretty good. Gotta feel for the Italians..

oh and the Welsh..
( titter)
08/02/2011 at 10:05
Yep, plenty of time for France to fall apart and for Lievremont to make some more bizarre substitutions. I think replacing Harinordoquy with Chabal was a mistake. Although I'm sure some of the commentators appreciate a simpler name to pronounce
08/02/2011 at 11:02
hey up - I'm back as was off skiing last week

caught the Wales v England game in a bar in Chamonix and wish I hadn't bothered as the result was inevitable before it started sadly. but England weren't that convincing either. hmmmm...

we drove back Saturday but hove to in a small town in the middle of France and headed off for some grub - came across a Brasserie that looked OK so headed in and the landlord had the France v Scotland game on which was a bonus - good game to watch! just so happened the landlord's nephew is the no 2 choice hooker at Toulon so there were pictures of the landlord with Wilkinson, Chabal et al everywhere. he was a proud uncle!
08/02/2011 at 12:03
Welcome back, FB
10/02/2011 at 12:56

BOING!

On Saturday we have:

England v. Italy
Scotland v. Wales

and then on Sunday:

Ireland v. France

I'm predicting wins for England and Scotland. Head says Ireland, heart says France.

What do the rest of you think?

10/02/2011 at 14:24
England
Wales
France
10/02/2011 at 16:08

England

Draw between Scotland/Wales

France

10/02/2011 at 19:47
England, Scotland, France
11/02/2011 at 10:50

Probably what FB said. 

It will be interesting to see if the French enjoy as much of an advantage in the scrum as last week. 

12/02/2011 at 18:00

Oh poor old Scotland  Even I could have scored against 13 Welsh players*

... possibly

13/02/2011 at 17:10

How did France win that?

Expect they will be steamrollered by England in 2 weeks time

13/02/2011 at 17:18

Evening Nemo

It was against the run of play generally, but Ireland gave away too many penalties.  I take back what I said about Ireland not troubling anyone though - they looked good today, except for the penalties of course.  Tournament is wide open.

GKD
13/02/2011 at 17:25
There is nothing so simple that Ireland can't bugger up by giving away a penalty. Very disappointed.
GKD
13/02/2011 at 18:04

Hello BDB  

Sorry, Lirish  Suspect your match against England could still decide the Championship at the end though

So almost all teams played differently from how they played last week. Scotland, Italy and France were worse, Ireland and Wales were better. England were consistent and look ominous.

Supporting France is never straightforward...

41 to 60 of 130 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.