Six Nations 2012

So who do you fancy?

141 to 145 of 145 messages
17/03/2012 at 18:38
Thanks, yeo
17/03/2012 at 18:38
Why is the Ireland scrum struggling so much?
17/03/2012 at 19:01

Good performance by England, surely Lancaster should get the job?

Ireland and France have been disappointing in this championship and played badly today.

Scotland started off well but maybe were dispirited at losing close games and finished badly.

Italy fought well and deserved a win at the end even though they struggle to get tries.

Wales the best team overall. 3 GS in 8 years, that's impressive

Please let France discover some of their old flair by next year!!!

18/03/2012 at 15:15
France showed flashes of what they're capable of again yesterday. When they up the tempo they are very, very dangerous and there were a few nail biting moments in the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half when I thought they would score.

Great to see a Welsh Grand Slam and unlike 2005 and 2008, this time I think we've got a squad to sustain it. This summer's tour to Australia will be a huge test - win or draw that series and we really will be on our way.

As a Welshman, England would be insane not to give the job to Stuart Lancaster permanently as he is building a potentially outstanding team and I'm already looking forward to Wales vs. England next season !

There's been some very exciting matches in the last 2 months - shame it's all over.
20/03/2012 at 12:33

I have to agree with everything DJ39 said, though I think that a series loss with a test win downunder would be enough.  It is a three test tour.  That said, only a win at home against the same opposition in the Autumn series would do.

I think this tournament showed us that defence is key to forcing a tight game, but that the team that can maintain the pressure will come through on top.  In the nineties Wales only had a 60 minute game, so an era was built on trying to score points quickly.  This Welsh team appears to have the solidity and the fitness to grind out a victory, combined with the necessary psychology for it.  But the game is becoming so professional that the teams are all probably much closer than the results show, as close as the results of Ire v Wal, Fra v Eng, Sco v Eng, Wal v Fra and Eng v Wal display.  Even Wales v Scotland and Italy were supposed to be walkovers, but pundits weren't excited by the final scores.  I think it's time that the pitches were widened, or those stupid rucks that you aren't allowed to compete were outlawed.  Scrum halves could walk off the pitch and have a cup of tea and an orange segment before having to pass the ball out.  If the ruck was opened up to greater competition, we'd have a full pack competing it and only the backs outside defending the width of the pitch.  That would be exciting.

I loved Ireland v Wales.  My match of the tournament.  Post-match commentary aside, of course...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
141 to 145 of 145 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.