Skincare products: Just a rip off?

Or do any of them work?

61 to 80 of 117 messages
02/11/2009 at 18:28
If I have a teenage spot GA, I nurture it
02/11/2009 at 18:30

Hoose - reading this made me wonder how 'independent' the researchers were.....

http://edition.cnn.com/HEALTH/9804/23/skin.vitamins/index.html

02/11/2009 at 18:32
bit sus that
02/11/2009 at 18:35

Seems that the study mentioned in the BBC article isn't clearly reported.  From looking it up online they added retinol to a regular moisturiser with none in ie the reserachers made their own cream.  So they dont show the effect using over the counter moisturiser. Its discussed here

Retinol and skin care

However creams containing high levels of retinol are only given if you have a prescription.  So the question becomes, are the levels of retinol high enough in over the conunter creams to do any good? My guess is probably not.

02/11/2009 at 18:36

Its all snake oil and flim-flammery!

- Johnny Blaze

(Filmed with lash inserts, enhanced in post-production)

02/11/2009 at 18:57
ALDI - day & night cream, only £1.99. Came out top last year when tested alongside other brands. Well, it works for me, and quite happy to slap it on and carry spare for gym. I do use no 7 for their sun facial cream though and have for years, as it softens my skin on holiday and doesn't run into my sensitive (contact lens) eyes when I'm sweating.
02/11/2009 at 18:58
An industry source tole me its laced with monkey spunk...
02/11/2009 at 19:02
02/11/2009 at 19:02
ooh ooh oooh uses that then?
kittenkat    pirate
02/11/2009 at 19:06
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)
An industry source tole me its laced with monkey spunk...
Urghhh; you didn't did you?
02/11/2009 at 19:08

Have you ever seen a lady monkey with wrinkles?

Think about it...

02/11/2009 at 19:10
let's face it he has a point
02/11/2009 at 19:11

money shot and monKey shot - they're not that different

think about it...

02/11/2009 at 19:11

Ahem. Monkey spunk aside...

KK I had cystic acne as a teen and still have nightmare skin if I don't look after it properly. i'm with the sunscreen crowd during the day, always slap on an SPF - and at night I use Neal's Yard nourishing cream. The only thing I ever use to clean my skin with is cold cream - and I only ever clean my face at night, or after I've been for a run. If I use anything else, it breaks out massively. I don't listen to hype I'm afraid - I know what works for me and what doesn't.

02/11/2009 at 19:13

JB - it depends which part of the monkey you're looking at

I think the hair might disguise the wrinkles...perhaps us wimmin should be more hirsute...

02/11/2009 at 19:13
Once you've tried monkey spunk you never look back...
02/11/2009 at 19:15

http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/photos/FunnyMonkeyFace001.jpg

monkey's request for skincare taken in hand by the gorilla...

kittenkat    pirate
02/11/2009 at 19:15
The Divine Sossidge wrote (see)

Ahem. Monkey spunk aside...

KK I had cystic acne as a teen and still have nightmare skin if I don't look after it properly. i'm with the sunscreen crowd during the day, always slap on an SPF - and at night I use Neal's Yard nourishing cream. The only thing I ever use to clean my skin with is cold cream - and I only ever clean my face at night, or after I've been for a run. If I use anything else, it breaks out massively. I don't listen to hype I'm afraid - I know what works for me and what doesn't.

A lot of the main brands have sunscreen in them now, I've noticed that. I still find it hard to accept that something so natural as the Sun, does us so much damage potentially. I think evolution has stalled somewhere!
kittenkat    pirate
02/11/2009 at 19:18

http://ima.dada.net/image/medium/981136.jpg

Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Have you ever seen a lady monkey with wrinkles?

Think about it...

kk says this bit:

I'm not buying your theory! 

(The formatting is shit here if you try and post a pic, quote and add your own dialogue!)

Edited: 02/11/2009 at 19:20
02/11/2009 at 19:20

KK - I spent some time in NZ a few years ago and was staggered at the amount of sun damage on women's skin over there. I had women commenting all the time that they knew I was British because of my skin. One woman I met who based on appearance I thought was was in her forties was younger than me (I was 32 at the time). I felt guilty because she was so lovely.

Saying that, if I could live in NZ and be outdoors in all that beautiful scenery, I probably wouldn't give a f*ck

61 to 80 of 117 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.