61 to 72 of 72 messages
22/06/2012 at 18:19

Oh Kittenkat your sucha tease

Chase me!

22/06/2012 at 18:40
Colin McLaughlin wrote (see)

Waste of a Post-it note.

I'm not rich you know.

No wonder they kicked him out of the Spartans.

Sadly the company went bust, and as it was the company running club, all the Spartans got sacked.....

23/06/2012 at 11:49

A packet of McCoys in the Co-op, 72p.

A six-packet, £1-99.

But six packet is "Buy one get one free", so you get 12 packets for £1-99. Yeah.

Why can't I just buy one packet for 16p?

I'm not stupid enough to buy a packet for 72p, so they force me to buy 12 packets if I want to buy any packets.

(Not forced, Wilkie shouts. Not. Girl not understanding economic duress.)

The government should legislate on this. Otherwise we get fatter and fatter as a nation, because we have to buy excessive quantities which (Mr ex-Spartan with his steely will aside) we may eat to excess, because they are morish.

Edited: 23/06/2012 at 11:57
23/06/2012 at 13:42
Why should the government have to legislate to stop you over eating ?
23/06/2012 at 13:56

If you can't afford one packet and don't want to buy 12 then go without. Easy. You won't miss not eating a packet of McCoys believe me. It's not life and death.

No one is forcing you to do anything. Economic duress says go without or find a less expensive option.

23/06/2012 at 14:41

I watched the second half of the programme and found it interesting, but I don't multibuys in the supermarket the same as supersize meals out. A supersize meal is designed to be eaten there are then, whereas multibiuys can easily be stored for use at a later date.

Generally multibuys only work out cheaper if you save the rest to be used when you would next normally buy the product. I often buy tooth paste when it's on offer, but I don't brush my teeth more often just becaue I have it there!

Using th example of crisps from co op. If you just want one pack, it IS cheaper to just buy the one you want. 72p for a pack of crisps is about what I'd expect to pay these days. I don't remember crisps being 16p in the last 20 years except for those 10p packs of onion rings and space invaders. Oh and the packs in the multipack are often smaller. (Can't remember if that's the case for Mckoys though).

23/06/2012 at 15:11
Maybe you can buy a special safe with twelve compartments to store each individual packet. Set a timer lock on each compartment so that you can consume the crisps at healthy intervals, say once a week, making sure the last packet is still within its best before date.

Another cracking idea I've come up with. I should be Health Minister or something.
23/06/2012 at 15:18
PhilPub wrote (see)
Maybe you can buy a special safe with twelve compartments to store each individual packet. Set a timer lock on each compartment so that you can consume the crisps at healthy intervals, say once a week, making sure the last packet is still within its best before date.

Another cracking idea I've come up with. I should be Health Minister or something.

Make the compartments clear and you are onto a winner IMO.

23/06/2012 at 17:18

Healthy intervals once a week? Maybe, but sod that! I'll set my safe timers to open once an hour! (A nice bottle of beer will fit in each of my safes too).

23/06/2012 at 17:31
PhilPub wrote (see)

PhilPub wrote (see)

This reminds me of the bowls you can get for cats that release the food at set times/intervals.

25/06/2012 at 08:56

We use one of those bowls, for the cat not me, when we are just away for a weekend.  Ice pack underneath to keep the food cool, probably not necessary for crisps but handy for the lagers.  My cat doesn't drink lagers, or eat crisps.

25/06/2012 at 15:41
camillia sinensis assamica mouse wrote (see)

If you can't afford one packet and don't want to buy 12 then go without. Easy.

That's what I do do.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 72 of 72 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.