Snow miles

How many does one equate to?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
28/01/2013 at 13:26

I'd read somewhere it was around 10% slower but I guess there are factors like snow depth, ice or no ice, running on treated or untreated roads or even pavements etc to take into account

I thought I'd seen the back of my slower post Christmas times finally last week but I went out and did 7 miles on Saturday morning that would normally take me around 58 minutes and I was around 9-10 minutes slower

Quite demoralising until I considered the affect of the snow or the fact that I might still have the remnants of this virus

I guess the key is how I get on this week, now the snow has gone and it's the first "rest" week in the Manchester Marathon training

WiB
28/01/2013 at 14:24

A mile is a mile. Simple as that.

WiB
28/01/2013 at 15:39

you dont measure 'miles run agsinst the wind' differently to non windy conditions-so why does snow ofer up a great debate?

28/01/2013 at 15:41

1 mile in snow= 1 mile

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.