So, just to be clear...

Are the Manchester two guilty or is their accuser full of shit?

101 to 117 of 117 messages
02/05/2013 at 12:24

But VLM probably don't want 45,000 running, they like the x% drop out

02/05/2013 at 12:38

Exactly. 

If they only allocate 36,000 ballot places they'll still get a percentage drop out and there will have been 7,000 or so people who never got in in the first place.

02/05/2013 at 13:16

""it's their race and they can do what they like"

This is such a bulls.it argument. It may be their race, but its not THEIR London. If the organisers dont do things properly it would be very easy to take it off them, and then they are free to run their race in Slough ...... lets see where that gets them. The race is only famous because its in London. Take it away and lets see how many dedicated sponser raisers who want to run a marathon show up. Bugger all thats how many.

So this whole 'Oh we must get down on our hands and knees and thank them forever' business .......... sheesh .........

Edited: 02/05/2013 at 13:16
02/05/2013 at 13:48
PhilPub wrote (see)

How do Glastonbury organise ticket reallocation?  Outsourced to a ticketing agency presumably?  I know "it's their race and they can do what they like" but it doesn't seem such a bad idea to have a similar process.

Thinking back to the last time I went (in 2009), I think they do all the ticketing through an agency.

They get people to sign up with a £50 deposit in October and give them a deadline to pay the balance, if they don't pay by that date then the tickets are put back into the pot and they have a one day first-come-first-served sale a month or so later (I think it's usually beginning of April). But I think they keep the deposit money if you decide you don't want to go or don't pay in time.

I like Sussex Runner's idea of having a cut off date at beginning of January for people who want to transfer and then holding a second sale shortly afterwards, which would give people who just can't be arsed to run a way to get their money back, and people who get in during the January Sale enough training time.

02/05/2013 at 14:26
Well said DF3. I'm sick of the all that they can do what they like crap too. People keep saying that in response to the Brighton price hike. Well the organisers are in my city, with permission from the council who I voted in, with the volunteers from MY community, closing the streets I pay to maintain etc...
02/05/2013 at 14:44

The Manchester Two?

Stuart Hall and Ken Barlow?

cougie    pirate
02/05/2013 at 15:12
VLM allow for so many no shows and deferrals.
If they allowed transfers then they would get minimal deferrals and minimal no shows.
The infrastructure can only cope with X numbers.
That's the amount that run now.
If this wasn't the number then VLM would allow more people in.

If they were to allow transfers then they'd have to build this into their entries - so instead of a field of 35k and 5k not turning up say - they'd only allow 30k to enter.

So even less chance of getting in.
02/05/2013 at 15:30
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

""it's their race and they can do what they like"

This is such a bulls.it argument. It may be their race, but its not THEIR London. If the organisers dont do things properly it would be very easy to take it off them, and then they are free to run their race in Slough ...... lets see where that gets them. The race is only famous because its in London. Take it away and lets see how many dedicated sponser raisers who want to run a marathon show up. Bugger all thats how many.

So this whole 'Oh we must get down on our hands and knees and thank them forever' business .......... sheesh .........

Who do you suggest "we" give it to though? That tw*t that runs the British 10K? I'd like to see that, can you imagine the chaos?

02/05/2013 at 15:40

DF3 - Also, I thought London was a shithole full of crooks.  Why the fuck would you want to run through it anyway?

02/05/2013 at 16:01

PhilPub wrote (see)

DF3 - Also, I thought London was a shithole full of crooks.  Why the fuck would you want to run through it anyway?

To be fair that mainly applies to areas South of the River.

02/05/2013 at 16:06

Maybe just run the second half then DF3?

02/05/2013 at 16:19

I know someone who house shares with 3 other people who are all the same gender and roughly the same age.  The housemates have no desire at all to run VLM, but for 2013 they entered the ballot with the knowledge that if one of them got a place they'd pass it on to the person who wanted to run....  I frowned and said politely that she shouldn't do that, but she shrugged her shoulders and ran as someone else anyway.

02/05/2013 at 16:21

I have a friend who had a GFA place and gave it away to someone else.

I quite like the fact that this time now appears on his Powerof 10 stats.

02/05/2013 at 17:12
Skotty wrote " The Manchester 2? Ken Barlowe and Kevin Webster?" Brilliantly funny.

Can't understand why it wasn't funny at all when Rickster said it.
02/05/2013 at 19:24
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Skotty wrote " The Manchester 2? Ken Barlowe and Kevin Webster?" Brilliantly funny.

Can't understand why it wasn't funny at all when Rickster said it.

Trolling again Sussex Runner? Very mature of you.

02/05/2013 at 19:25

Poor Rickster. Always the bridesmaid...

02/05/2013 at 22:10
What's he bleating on about Stevie?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 117 of 117 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.