So long, and thanks for all the curries

(and advice.)

1 to 20 of 34 messages
26/05/2007 at 05:43
Hello.

Most of you won't know me, I've had access difficulties for a while and even when I've been on, I've restricted myself to a couple of threads.

I've decided due to various reasons that I won't be coming on here any longer.

Have been thinking about this for a while. I originally started posting on the Injury forum due to ongoing problems that have never really cleared up. In the last few years I've really been struggling with one thing after another.

I keep on getting my hopes up but they keep getting dashed. I don't think I'll ever get fit again and I've given up the struggle as I'm worn out, both mentally and physically.

Being around running people is just hammering this home.

So now I'm going to try to focus my dwindling energies on getting my career out of the toilet and just functioning from day to day.

Anyway, enough of me. What I started this for was to thank anyone who's had a kind word for me in the past, has welcomed me at a social and just generally brightened my life up.

There are those whom I thought were friends who have since hurt me greatly. You may know who you are, you may be completely oblivious to it. More fool me for trusting you and letting you do that.

Good luck to you all in the future. I hope you achieve your ambitions and lead happy and successful lives.

Toria
x
26/05/2007 at 07:04
Best wishes for a happy and successful future, Toria, and be assured you're always welcome back :o)
26/05/2007 at 07:10
best wishes x
26/05/2007 at 07:27
Best of luck Tor, plenty of people here to offer help and support if required, take care.
26/05/2007 at 07:28
You have mail Tor.
26/05/2007 at 07:29
Good luck Tor - please stay in touch via email though, you'll be missed by this bear :o(
26/05/2007 at 07:35
Toria

So sorry about the injury issues. Good luck I hope you come back

Mrs Pig
26/05/2007 at 08:21
All the best
26/05/2007 at 08:54
I know I I used to enjoy your contributions. So sorry you've had to abandon running. Hope you'll find another way to fitness and that the rest of life becomes manageable and enjoyable.
26/05/2007 at 08:55
best wishes our tor.

x
26/05/2007 at 08:57
I am sorry to hear that you've decided to quit running.

Good luck, and I hope you're successful in your ambitions.
26/05/2007 at 09:41
Tor, it was lovely to meet you (briefly) last night. Good luck and keep smiling. I hope everything works out for you.
26/05/2007 at 10:02
Gosh Toria, the very best of luck. I'd always hoped I'd bump into you one day as your responses on threads have always been very welcome.

Be happy in whatever you do.
26/05/2007 at 10:21
Toria - Good luck with your career and exams. Sorry to think last night would be last time I'd get to talk to you.

(((XXX)))BBH
26/05/2007 at 10:25
Tor you will be missed babe.

Mail me
26/05/2007 at 10:32
Toria- a lot of us will miss you. I didn't realise that things had become that bad for you. It has always been nice to see you at curry evenings and socials, you always had a kind word for me when you were aware that I had issues to deal with. I will keep in touch. x
26/05/2007 at 12:24
Shame, but if you think it is for the best, then so be it.

All the best x
26/05/2007 at 13:28
Tor - all the very best. I couldn't help noticing the time you posted this. If insomnia's part of the problem,I found this really helpful, especially the bit about thinking you've been awake for hours when you've actually been having mini-sleeps. It meant I stopped fretting about not sleeping, so I'm more likely to sleep better. Anyway, if it is part of what's going on, here's the link and hope it helps.

Take care and good luck
26/05/2007 at 13:39
((((Toria)))) take care
26/05/2007 at 13:41
Sorry to hear this, Tor, and especially sorry I didnt
manage to speak with you last night.
You have mail.
1 to 20 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.