So now they are over - what was the best moment for you?

Olympics best bits!

21 to 28 of 28 messages
15/08/2012 at 11:49

Best bit - Jade Jones' entire campaign in the Taekwondo. Mindblowing!

Crash Hamster    pirate
15/08/2012 at 12:14

Trott, King and Rowsell; awesome!

Kat Copeland's 'we've won the Olympics'

Being in the stadium for Rudisha's WR; at 400m all the people around me just looked at eachother because the penny dropped about what we were about to see.

Dave Brailsford's 'not just round, but really, really round' wheels.

I've spent most of the last fortnight sobbing like a big girl's blouse.

Oh and Vino winning the road race, obviously

15/08/2012 at 12:33

Too many magical moments to mention.

I was at the men's basketball quarter finals - my lasting memory of that evening will be the USA team "high-fiving" the Australian slalom canoeist dressed in a whopping great boxing kangaroo outfit - bizarre and hilarious at the same time.

The girl who won through to the judo final (Gemma Gibbons) and looked to the ceiling and mouthed "I love you Mum" reduced me to a puddle on the floor.

15/08/2012 at 20:04

Lots of shake-head-in-awe moments but for me, its gotta be Bolt. I just find the 100M to be the most distilled demonstration of raw athletic power; less about tactics (if any) and all about running as fast the f**k you can to the line. Surely there's no other event that has quite the anticipation and tension in those few seconds before the gun goes. Then in less than ten seconds, BAM...it's over. Despite his doubters, the 'big man' (to quote Colin Jackson) proved he's still the guv'nor.

15/08/2012 at 21:29

Bert De Clos

GREAT Britain - we all got behind it and it was good news every day!

The good grace and syle and panache with which all the athletes behaved - a great inspiration

15/08/2012 at 22:36

FlatFooted - you clearly have poetry in your soul. :'o)

For me, all the above and many, many more. Each seemed to supercede the previous. I never, ever expected to be totally consumed in such a staggeringly emotional way by the whole fortnight.

Edited: 15/08/2012 at 22:36
16/08/2012 at 12:34

Best bit - Doreen Lawrence carrying the Olympic flag.

You can never have too much of that woman.

16/08/2012 at 19:22
Graham "legs in threads" wrote (see)

Too many magical moments to mention.

I was at the men's basketball quarter finals - my lasting memory of that evening will be the USA team "high-fiving" the Australian slalom canoeist dressed in a whopping great boxing kangaroo outfit - bizarre and hilarious at the same time.

Men's basketball has got to be the least competitive of the sports at the Olympics...

Of the 17 Olympic games USA have competed in, they've won 14....and one of the times they didn't win was a dodgy controversial timing error, meaning they came 2nd by 1 point...

And then coming 3rd the other 2 times...

Helps when you have the only competitive league in the world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_at_the_Summer_Olympics

erm   asyou were folks...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.