So who is the most annoying poster?

261 to 280 of 317 messages
06/03/2013 at 11:45

To be fair, I'm fairly OCD about race preparation. I bought some of the weird water pouch things they had on the course last year so I could see how easy they were to open and run with before race day. And I tried out the Shot Gels and Shot Bloks specifically because I knew that would be available on the course. Don't really want to discover that brand of energy gel makes me puke when I'm 3/4 of the way through the race!

06/03/2013 at 11:50

Same here, then I'm still prone to schoolboy errors on the day.  Paris Marathon had Powerade as their sugary drink of choice so I practised with it in training, then on race day completely missed all the sugary drinks stations, so got round on water and gels.  D'oh!  Even then, my slowest split of the race was down to struggling with opening a gel packet.  I'll not be bothering with them next time.

07/03/2013 at 11:35

One thing that is apparent from this thread is that there are some people who like nothing better than to take the pee out of people, whilst hiding behind the anonymity of their computer screen.

Quite sad really when you think about it.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/18481/gallery/logo.jpg?width=350

I saw this on Facebook this morning and thought that it would be rather appropriate for this thread.

07/03/2013 at 11:37

Rickster, remind me to one day show you the benefits of manning up! Not everything has to have a rose or a fluffy white cloud. Its also good to have a bit of thrust and parry in a forum to liven things up.

Don't worry Rickster, 6 more months of me being on this forum and I'll have you backchatting people with the best of them.

07/03/2013 at 11:40

...proving my point straight away. 

07/03/2013 at 11:43

Cmon Rick, its time to grow a pair ...... you seem like a nice guy, but you just need to toughen up. When you are next tempted to post a poem, instead write a cutting remark about someones level of effort in their training ...... after you've done this a few times, I'll move you on to the next stage of 'manning up'.

WiB
07/03/2013 at 11:49
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Cmon Rick, its time to grow a pair ...... you seem like a nice guy, but you just need to toughen up. When you are next tempted to post a poem, instead write a cutting remark about someones level of effort in their training ...... after you've done this a few times, I'll move you on to the next stage of 'manning up'.

hahaha

WiB
07/03/2013 at 12:12

I think that roses can be a bit bad ass, they have thorns after all and thrive in poo

(Notice I would not normally refer to it as poo )

07/03/2013 at 12:19
Rickster, sometimes it's hard even for me to stick up for you if you come out with stuff like that. Why don't you see what Doug Stanhope had to say on Charlie Brooker last week. The whole point is that you can say things to people and they can't punch you. That's what the internet is for!!
07/03/2013 at 16:12

I prefer the Homer take:

"sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad. And I'm tired of making other people feel good about themselves"

07/03/2013 at 18:08
What's this 'manning up' crap?! What does that mean? Can I take it that df3, if you have manned up so much you
a) are really smelly as real men never wash
b) kill animals with your bear hands and eat the meat raw or
c) just have a tiny penis? On your head?

Rickster - I like the rose.
07/03/2013 at 18:10
Calm down dear!
kittenkat    pirate
07/03/2013 at 18:18

Ewww, I don't like smelly men, def a passion killer.

07/03/2013 at 18:19
Me?
kittenkat    pirate
07/03/2013 at 18:41

Boys, don't make me have to come over there...

07/03/2013 at 18:45
Boys?
kittenkat    pirate
07/03/2013 at 18:47

Are you female?

07/03/2013 at 18:54
I am indeed!
kittenkat    pirate
07/03/2013 at 18:57

I am mainly...

07/03/2013 at 19:19
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Rickster, remind me to one day show you the benefits of manning up! Not everything has to have a rose or a fluffy white cloud. Its also good to have a bit of thrust and parry in a forum to liven things up.

Don't worry Rickster, 6 more months of me being on this forum and I'll have you backchatting people with the best of them.

Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Rickster, sometimes it's hard even for me to stick up for you if you come out with stuff like that. Why don't you see what Doug Stanhope had to say on Charlie Brooker last week. The whole point is that you can say things to people and they can't punch you. That's what the internet is for!!

David I somehow doubt you'll be on here in six months time, you don't appear to have the attention span.

And My Lord of Sussex, we often come to this pass, you see the forum as "The Internet", an anonymous place where the conventional rules of behaviour don't apply, I see it as real people ON the internet, so I try to treat them as real people.  If I came down to Brighton I would want to look you up and have a drink or something, because I think you'd be good company one way or the other.  Despite your past references to "internet personae" you are actually a real person.  Bit predictable, but real.

261 to 280 of 317 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.