So who is the most annoying poster?

141 to 160 of 317 messages
04/03/2013 at 09:14
Strongly agree with KK about the "offended". They always seem to be offended on behalf of someone else.I don't think anything in this thread has come anywhere near crossing the line. I think if someone has complained for the umpteenth time this year, then RW need to take that into account.

Well done on your PB Caz. You really deserved it.
04/03/2013 at 09:21

Offended on behalf of someone indeed.

How about the film where the character calls his black labrador dog 'nig..r'.

Offensive to who?

Who is being offended here?

I can'i even risk typing the word just in case someone is offended.

But we know what you are thinking say the thought police.

Edited: 04/03/2013 at 09:21
04/03/2013 at 10:03

Hahaha!! you got told off, you got told off!!!

Since I've taken an interest in running , and I'm a realtive newbie (about 10mths), it never fails to suprise me how angry and insular the "running community" is.

I made the mistake once of asking advice via the forum and I sort of got the answers I was looking for but with a nice side salad of aggression and sarcasm from a good few.

I found it highly amusing. I came to the conclusion that the running community (sorry to use broad strokes,it doesn't apply to all) are a bit unfriendly. It reminds me slighty of the nerds who despite being adults "play" Warhammer and then go mental if one of the little dollys is painted the wrong colour! haha. Angry nerds.

04/03/2013 at 10:28
Yes, that's exactly what it's like dear
04/03/2013 at 10:37
RicF wrote (see)

Offended on behalf of someone indeed.

Offensive to who?

Who is being offended here?

I can'i even risk typing the word just in case someone is offended.

But we know what you are thinking say the thought police.

Ric, I dont think its the name of the dog that is the issue in the movie, its when one of the characters asked him why he called his dog that name and he replied 'Because Darky and Spade just didnt suit him.'

04/03/2013 at 10:42
Demon Barber wrote (see)

I found it highly amusing. I came to the conclusion that the running community (sorry to use broad strokes,it doesn't apply to all) are a bit unfriendly. It reminds me slighty of the nerds who despite being adults "play" Warhammer and then go mental if one of the little dollys is painted the wrong colour! haha. Angry nerds.

So what you're saying is, it's actually got less to do with it being a community of runners, and more to do with the dynamics of lots and lots of different people interacting via the medium of t'interweb forum.  It really doesn't matter whether the common theme is running, computer games or carp fishing.  Same shit, different terminology.

RicF - Dambusters.  Do I win five pounds?

04/03/2013 at 10:54
PhilPub wrote (see)
  It really doesn't matter whether the common theme is running, computer games or carp fishing.  

Total Carp ....... best name ever for a magazine.

04/03/2013 at 10:54
Someone on here seems to know a lot more about "Warhammer" than most of us. I find Cut the Rope a bit too violent for me.
04/03/2013 at 11:02
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Someone on here seems to know a lot more about "Warhammer" than most of us. I find Cut the Rope a bit too violent for me.

I let my 6 year old play half life on my computer ........ was quite funny when he said 'Daddy where is that weapon that lets you burn people to death ...'

Probably shouldnt have laughed though when he said that.

04/03/2013 at 11:02

Don't forget me, I can be annoying!

04/03/2013 at 11:04
That's total carp and you know it Barks
04/03/2013 at 12:54
RicF wrote (see)

I used to frequent an American forum, they had inline software that wouldn't let you use the word "snigger"?!?!?! ffs because yanks say "snicker", used to annoy the hell out of me that they wouldn't let me use a perfectly acceptable everyday English word on a forum in English! So then you'd get warnings about making threads about it.

04/03/2013 at 17:40
PhilPub wrote (see)
Demon Barber wrote (see)

So what you're saying is, it's actually got less to do with it being a community of runners, and more to do with the dynamics of lots and lots of different people interacting via the medium of t'interweb forum.  It really doesn't matter whether the common theme is running, computer games or carp fishing.  Same shit, different terminology.

RicF - Dambusters.  Do I win five pounds?

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/493151/gallery/download.jpg?width=350

There you go Phil, don't spend it all at once.

kittenkat    pirate
04/03/2013 at 18:06
Lå®Ð䮧€ wrote (see)
RicF wrote (see)

I used to frequent an American forum, they had inline software that wouldn't let you use the word "snigger"?!?!?! ffs because yanks say "snicker", used to annoy the hell out of me that they wouldn't let me use a perfectly acceptable everyday English word on a forum in English! So then you'd get warnings about making threads about it.

An American forum I know won't let you write nappy, because it's got nap in it.

kittenkat    pirate
04/03/2013 at 18:07

Some American screamed at me that I was being racist, I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Anyway, I learnt what nap meant via a bit of help from some American friends.

04/03/2013 at 18:09
And what does nap mean?
04/03/2013 at 18:10
apart from an afternoon sleep
04/03/2013 at 18:13
So it's a term for a wank. That's crazy. Like banning the word tank or tommy
kittenkat    pirate
04/03/2013 at 18:15

Sharpen up your Google skills , it's to do with hair.

04/03/2013 at 18:19

Try Scunthorpe and see if that gets through the filters

141 to 160 of 317 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.