Somerset Flloods

I must have misunderstood

21 to 32 of 32 messages
04/02/2014 at 17:06

So the guy who said there wasn't that much money yesterday is now going to change his mind because Charles has tottered along. He should have just sent the cheque and let them get on with the important stuff and not let the arselickers with chains around their neck get to enjoy tea and cake while there is serious work to be done. Innit

04/02/2014 at 17:10

Whats with the money. Are you skint?

04/02/2014 at 17:14
Philomena wrote (see)
Peter Collins wrote (see)

Apparently, 'kayak' means 'man's boat' innit. Make of that what you will.

Really Peter. Bit old for teens speak aren't we?

What's wrong with the way I speak, blood? I meant Inuit, of course.

04/02/2014 at 18:07

Yeah tell him to shove it up his inukshuk

Rafiki    pirate
04/02/2014 at 19:31
Cake wrote (see)

Only decent question to ask other than why build there is why hasn't the environment agency cleaned the river's in 20 years? Would have still flooded but would have cost the tax payer a lot less.

I would have thought the question to ask was why have all these whinning farmers ripped out all their hedgerows over the last 50 years, allowing excess sediment to flow into their ditches (which they never clear) and allow the sediment to flow into, and then block, the river system. Or is that too obvious ...... easier to blame someone else??!!?

As you were

Cake    pirate
05/02/2014 at 12:15

Oh good point mate hadn't throught of that at all.  God my minds stopped working.

06/02/2014 at 13:10

Wearing my king of Wessex hat (or crown), please leave the area flooded, I may need a stronghold if the Danes invade again.

Cake    pirate
06/02/2014 at 13:11

Don't you burn any cakes this time mate we might be hungry.

08/02/2014 at 21:57
Rafiki wrote (see)
Cake wrote (see)

Only decent question to ask other than why build there is why hasn't the environment agency cleaned the river's in 20 years? Would have still flooded but would have cost the tax payer a lot less.

I would have thought the question to ask was why have all these whinning farmers ripped out all their hedgerows over the last 50 years, allowing excess sediment to flow into their ditches (which they never clear) and allow the sediment to flow into, and then block, the river system. Or is that too obvious ...... easier to blame someone else??!!?

As you were

I would love to see you stand face to face with a Somerset farmer and offer him these words of wisdom.

08/02/2014 at 23:41

How's their cross country season going. That's what I want to know.

09/02/2014 at 01:42
seren nos wrote (see)

I'm sure prince charles is paying for his visit out of his own vast wealth as well as giving a generous donation to the locals.......

He'll pay for the visit.  We'll pay for the security detail, policing, council arse kissers, BBC reporting crews who tell us how very very nice a chap he is to be visiting all these poor soggy bog dwellers, etc.  

Rich949 wrote (see)

I would love to see you stand face to face with a Somerset farmer and offer him these words of wisdom.

I would, but it'll be difficult given that I'm 5ft tall.  They may have to club together to buy a step ladder that can reach beyond a sheep's nipple.

Edited: 09/02/2014 at 01:43
10/02/2014 at 08:48

How does this affect the hosepipe bans?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.