Soup Makers

Any good?

21 to 30 of 30 messages
03/02/2013 at 22:08

I hardly ever puree soup - I prefer broths with bits in.

03/02/2013 at 22:11

+1 for the wand blender if you like smooth soups/sauces and don't want the extra washing up of using a jug blender.

Can't advise on a soup maker tho!

PSC    pirate
03/02/2013 at 22:16
What's wrong with you all. Just get a tin opener. Sorted!
03/02/2013 at 22:18
Muttley wrote (see)

The good thing about the wand blenders is that you can decorate your kitchen wall at the same time. Don't ask me how I know this.

I know it because of spinach soup. It was very green. From this I also learnt that it's a good idea to submerge the blendy part before you turn it on.

04/02/2013 at 08:19
Cinders wrote (see)

If he makes soup 1 to 2 times a week already then possibly it wouldn't end up with all the *other* gadgets and I'd say most kitchens would have the cupboard space.

Mine doesn't, it's too small.

But yes, hand blenders do the job just fine and you can bung them in a drawer. AND you can make smoothies and milkshakes with them 

04/02/2013 at 10:44

The wife is a great soup maker but not sure if they are sold in shops though......

04/02/2013 at 10:50

and I am sure she can probably do more than make soup.

04/02/2013 at 12:31

yes she can!

04/02/2013 at 12:37

I've seen versions of the complicated multi-gadget blender things (like Kenwood Chef) that also have a cook function so you can heat soup/sauces etc as you blend them. But those are nearly double the price  

I've got a wand blender which is fine but it's so noisy, sounds like I'm mixing concrete not blending soup!

04/02/2013 at 16:02
xine267 wrote (see)

I've seen versions of the complicated multi-gadget blender things (like Kenwood Chef) that also have a cook function so you can heat soup/sauces etc as you blend them. But those are nearly double the price  

I've got a wand blender which is fine but it's so noisy, sounds like I'm mixing concrete not blending soup!

I hope mine never breaks down because it only has one head and it's really simple and compact. All the newer ones have all sorts of bits and pieces on I'll never use.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.