Spam, a question.

15 messages
28/08/2012 at 16:35

My nine year old asked the same question, I couldn't answer him either - my own conclusion is they are a bunch of ..........................................................

28/08/2012 at 16:44

I assume it's for the same reason as many (not all - some are for criminal use) compuetr viruses. They're to annoy the hell out of us. That is all.

28/08/2012 at 17:06

Its yummy as a fritter 

28/08/2012 at 17:07

I imagine that they get some return. I suppose it's like chuggers - they seem to annoy lots of people, but would disappear pretty sharpish if they weren't bringing money in.

28/08/2012 at 17:40

a lot of the crap spam is because the spammer badly formatted it before it got sent.

then there is the spam which is trying to get a reaction from a recipient telling the spammer to fuck off - that tells the spammer that the e-mail address is live

then there is the spam sent by you to you - that's a sneaky little trick that often gets people to sit up and go wtf??  and gets a reaction from you.  the spammer has basically spoofed you and got under your skin.

and it doesn't matter how many defences you put up - some will still get through.  the spammers aren't thick and are often ahead of the spam busters with new ideas to get around spam controls.

I don't get a lot of spam but it still fecking annoys me when I do!

28/08/2012 at 19:25
I get lots of medication spam. No idea what determines the spam being delivered
28/08/2012 at 19:31
28/08/2012 at 19:46
Often wondered what could be gained by it, it all seemed a lot of time and trouble for no return to me
28/08/2012 at 22:02

Even the advertising spam, I find it hard to believe anyone actually buys stuff through it.

28/08/2012 at 23:38
Not a stalker but someone pointing out that you seem to be repeating yourself, kk. (No idea how to do quotes on this ipad thingy)
29/08/2012 at 13:42
kittenkat wrote (see)
Slowfoot 2012 wrote (see)

Its yummy as a fritter 

I saw a spam cookbook yesterday, every dish was spam. I didn't buy it or nick it.

It's been about 45 years since I had to eat a spam fritter, and I can remember every disgusting aspect of it, including the smell

29/08/2012 at 15:06

It's probably some unemployed, dope smoking layabout who uses his computing ability to make spam and viruses to annoy people, instead of looking for a job.

29/08/2012 at 15:14
Often wondered what could be gained by it, it all seemed a lot of time and trouble for no return to me
29/08/2012 at 15:47

There's a lot to be gained from it.  Spammers can generate 20,000,000 messages a day, costing less than a couple of quid.  It only takes one idiot to buy something and you've made money.

29/08/2012 at 16:13
Wilkie wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
Slowfoot 2012 wrote (see)

Its yummy as a fritter 

I saw a spam cookbook yesterday, every dish was spam. I didn't buy it or nick it.

It's been about 45 years since I had to eat a spam fritter, and I can remember every disgusting aspect of it, including the smell

Be gone you devil 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.