Sports Personality 2012

81 to 82 of 82 messages
18/12/2012 at 20:08

Pleased Bradley Wiggins won - I think it was the right result. Bit harsh on Mo (and David Weir) not to get in the top 3 though, although both Andy Murray and Jess Ennis would have been just as hard done by if they had finished outside the "podium" so several were always going to be disappointed this year.

Hard to believe that recent winners include Ryan Giggs, Michael Owen, Tony McCoy and Damon Hill (twice !). In many other years, any one of this year's 12 nominees would probably have won.

I didn't agree with giving the team of the year award to the entire Olympic and Paralympic teams - bit of a cop-out and should really be for a single sport. Mind you, the BBC would probably have found it a bit embarassing to give it to Team Sky !

Although Usain Bolt is probably the greatest (and most exciting) athlete I've ever seen, I think Lionel Messi should have got the oversead award this year. 90 goals (and counting) in 2012 alone at the very highest level is a phenomenal achievement.

18/12/2012 at 20:14

the trouble the BBC have is that despite having this annual show they aren't in the least bit interested in sport. they sort of had to give the team award to one of the only things left on terrestrial telly.

i liked wiggins thank you to Sky in his winner's speech though

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 82 of 82 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.