Sports you hate

What do you hate to do ... or watch?

41 to 48 of 48 messages
14/02/2013 at 11:24
xine267 wrote (see)
Good idea for flipping the question! RW forumites won't find it weird, but a lot of my colleagues and some of my friends can't understand why I like watching cycling, especially Tour de France. It's so exciting, I can't understand why they don't like it!

Same here. Most folk I know think cycling, including le tour, is painfully dull to watch and can't understand why I'm hooked on it.

I guess most of us are like that though with one sport or another. One of my best mates will watch golf and snooker all day and I do mean all day long. I've no idea how anyone can watch those for more than a couple of minutes without being bored to death.

Horse racing is another thing I have zero interest in, but I guess that's because I'm not a gambler so don't really see the point in it to start with.

14/02/2013 at 11:39
For me it has to be the game that the North Americans call Football. It lasts for hours and the ball is hardly ever in play.
14/02/2013 at 11:42

Football - 22 millionaires ruining a lawn.

Not particularly keen on swimming (watching or doing).

I like F1, but I can see why some people would be bored by a race that lasts 1.5 - 2 hours. Speedway is good if you like short races. And if you want to see some crashes then rallying is probably your best bet.

I love snowboarding (watching and doing). Usually prefer watching back country stuff to actual competitions, although Shaun White is amazing in the half-pipe

14/02/2013 at 11:52
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
For me it has to be the game that the North Americans call Football. It lasts for hours and the ball is hardly ever in play.

I love American Football. It's basically violent chess with clock management.

Tom77 - Snowboarding is a good shout. During the winter OIympics a couple of years ago I absolutely loved the snowboard-cross races.

Edited: 14/02/2013 at 11:52
14/02/2013 at 12:36
xine267 wrote (see)
Peter Collins wrote (see)

Yes, the Tour really is something else. Despite all the drug problems, it remains an epic of endurance and daily drama.

Exactly! Its got to be one of the toughest events in any sport.

But my dad always says "what's so special about a bloke riding a bike?" - he thinks because he rode from London to Southend on his fixie once when he was 15 that he really understands professional cycling

Tell me about it. My dad rode down to the west country with his cousin some time in the late 1940s - and don't I know about it!!

14/02/2013 at 12:44
xine267 wrote (see)

Yes, the Tour really is something else. Despite all the drug problems, it remains an epic of endurance and daily drama.

Exactly! Its got to be one of the toughest events in any sport.

But my dad always says "what's so special about a bloke riding a bike?" - he thinks because he rode from London to Southend on his fixie once when he was 15 that he really understands professional cycling

Tell me about it. My dad rode down to the west country with his cousin some time in the late 1940s - and don't I know about it!!

Haha! My dad also likes to tell me about the time he walked to school in the snow because the trains were cancelled. I used to be quite impressed but recently realised it was only 4 miles!

14/02/2013 at 13:29
Yeah
Edited: 14/02/2013 at 13:29
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
14/02/2013 at 16:12

Peter, that has to have been in the winter of '63 - I walked to school with my mates too, Horley to Reigate in a couple of feet of snow. Took us hours.

Le Tour fascinates me too in spite of Lance and the other drug cheats. I use my turbo in the living room to pedal along with the riders - good training, and entertaining too!

My Mum always used to tell me about her and Dad riding a tandem down to the west country. I couldn't picture her on a bike at all!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.