Squirrel!

how to deal with a squirrel in my loft?

41 to 46 of 46 messages
12/04/2013 at 13:58

My trap arrived, only ordered it yesterday morning so that's quite impressive.

I'll set it when I get home, could be squirrel-free before the day is over.

13/04/2013 at 22:20
We had a squirrel problem a couple of years ago. Because of our profound inertia we lived without lighting in the kitchen for two months over winter, which made for some romantic meals.

A bloke came round eventually and put poison down. Two weeks later we had the most horrendous fly infestation which lasted a day. But at least we didn't have to dispatch them ourselves *shudder*.

I'd be useless after armageddon, I couldn't even bear the thought of killing vermin when the little feckers were interefering with our lighting.
13/04/2013 at 22:46
Yes despite my name I'd be a veggie come Armageddon too
19/04/2013 at 10:39

Quick update. I was using bits of twix in the trap but the squirrel was eating those without setting it off, Indiana Jones Temple of Doom stylee.

Switched to using peanut butter and that did the job. The squirrel that was in my loft is now in my wheelie bin. Was a bit grim getting the body out of the trap, but at least no bricks were needed.

Pudge    pirate
19/04/2013 at 10:47
Tom77 wrote (see)

Quick update. I was using bits of twix in the trap but the squirrel was eating those without setting it off, Indiana Jones Temple of Doom stylee.

Switched to using peanut butter and that did the job. The squirrel that was in my loft is now in my wheelie bin. Was a bit grim getting the body out of the trap, but at least no bricks were needed.

Some did mention to me earlier this week that peanut butter wasn't very good for you.

He was obviously right!

19/04/2013 at 10:50

I looked at the traffic light label on the jar of peanut butter (lots of red) and thought that if the trap didn't work I could perhaps feed it enough to give it a heart attack.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.