Staying in contact with your ex partners.

Can that ever work?

21 to 40 of 67 messages
25/10/2011 at 18:29
My younger girl was domed to failure. I knew it from the start. i took it as far as it could go and then we split amicably. We are both married now and our lives are separate. The last time she contacted me was because she wanted free tickets for Juanes(La Camiseta Negra). Strangely my wife's ex knew Juanes and my ex was a fan. Funny old world eh?
25/10/2011 at 19:47
Because we have connections. it was a few years ago now but when someone suddenly emails and says " Hi sorry haven't been in contact how are you do you have free tickets" I think mmmmm.... I never replied
25/10/2011 at 20:00
As far as I know I am friends with my 4 or 5 exes. I can still chat to them and be sociable with them.

Those who know me personally on here may understand that my exes have had a bit of a headf*** thrown their way, but they are still talking to me and care about me
LIVERBIRD    pirate
25/10/2011 at 23:03

I have no significant exes if I'm honest. Only actually had two very short relationships before Mr LB. One of them I've not seen in 20 years and I couldn't give a stuff about, and the other one I now talk to all the time, but I probably didn't speak to him for 15 years either.

He's married to a barmpot (Nam has come across her on my facebook page) and I have no feelings for him other than pity probably that he is married to her. I definitely did better than he did.

She doesn't like me talking to him at all now she's discovered we went out when we were teenagers. I obviously want him back because he's such a catch..... not.

Nam
25/10/2011 at 23:09
She is just unhinged!!
25/10/2011 at 23:09
I used to go out with some Scouse bird who likes to pretend she's being nice but is really being superior. She didn't speak to me for 15 years because she 'went up in the world'. She thinks my wife is a barmpot, but is rude to her on facebook and condescends to speak to me only when she wants to be reminded of her youth. I recommend keeping clear of ex's.
25/10/2011 at 23:10
Sorry, liverbird. Your post just invited it. Apologies.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
25/10/2011 at 23:10
Peter - she sounds wonderful!
25/10/2011 at 23:11
In truth, the idea of keeping in touch with any of my exs fills me with the collywobbles. Yuk.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
25/10/2011 at 23:12

Nam - she speaks very highly of you!

You got your own status update on her page about people who are rude and stupid you know!

All this from a 41 year old excited about going to see Peppa pig....

LIVERBIRD    pirate
25/10/2011 at 23:13
I think the truth is that they're exes for a reason Peter......
Nam
25/10/2011 at 23:15
That woman is really quite seriously off her rocker...
25/10/2011 at 23:15
exactly, Liver
LIVERBIRD    pirate
25/10/2011 at 23:17
Nam wrote (see)
That woman is really quite seriously off her rocker...

I did enjoy your little "altercation" though - but in intellectual terms it was hardly a fair fight! She reads Heat magazine for news
25/10/2011 at 23:50

I'm too laid back to have any issues with any of my friends, be they ex's or not. It seems such a waste of energy to harbour grudges. I suppose the secret is to realise that all relationships go through stages and to realise what stage that relationship is at. Sometimes it's full on sometimes it's just friends. I think we can put too much pressure on ourselves to be in a relationship, or define what that relationship is or should be. Just live your life. 

I'm friends with all my ex's, some of them occasionally more than friends. A couple of them have been nasty to me, but then people are people and they do things for strange reasons. One girl I went out with three times for a year or more each time.

26/10/2011 at 09:56
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

She doesn't like me talking to him at all now she's discovered we went out when we were teenagers. I obviously want him back because he's such a catch..... not.

I do wonder about people who get so hung up on their partner's exes.  They must be very, very insecure.

That's what I couldn't understand about the John Terry thing - he was having an affair (which is damn pretty bad), but it seemed to be somehow worse because he was having an affair with his team-mate's EX girlfriend?  Why is that?

26/10/2011 at 10:02

WIth my last ex, his new girlfriend made sure that i was invited to a party just to tell me to my face that "he was hers now and I couldnt have him back". When i reminded her that I hadnt spoken to this guy in over 6 months and had no intention to - she gave me a smirk and said "keep it that way".

I was astounded that someone would go to such an effort to stake her claim. I did feel like asking if she had peed on him as well to mark her property....

Nam
26/10/2011 at 10:05

I think many women prefer to demonise other women instead of acknowledging that their current partner loved someone before them...  When men have affairs, there is often the assumption that the evil single vixen seduced the hapless married father of three who just couldn't help themselves... bla bla.

Some people also like to re-write history and make it out like everything was her fault and never his.  Sometimes that may be the case, but quite often it's just a way of bending the past to fit your current world view.  Not being able to take an honest and objective view of a person or situation, yes I guess a lot of that would be down to insecurity.

Edited: 26/10/2011 at 10:05
Nam
26/10/2011 at 10:07
Emmy_bug wrote (see)

I did feel like asking if she had peed on him as well to mark her property....

HAHAHAHA  you should have!!!!!
26/10/2011 at 10:13

I had a run in with his ex. She'd left him, but once she found out about me, she turned up again. Showed up at his house, followed us home, that sort of thing. Told H that she'd either run me over or drive off a bridge. Guess which I'd rather she did  We were in the same university department, and she started bad mouthing me. Fortunately, no-one believed the rot she was spouting, and she discovered how little she was regarded

I didn't get it at the time and I still don't get it. She left him, why make such a fuss about him and me?

Wilkie, I wonder if it's not because it raises the thought that they may have started the affair, or at least sown the seeds while she was the girlfriend of a team mate. And that's unpleasant on two levels.

21 to 40 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.