Staying in contact with your ex partners.

Can that ever work?

61 to 76 of 76 messages
Nam
23/11/2011 at 16:24

Ah I thought he had used a wedding photo of both of them.  That would have been really weird.

Maybe he just likes the way he looked 20 years ago...

LIVERBIRD    pirate
30/11/2011 at 20:05
Unhinged wife of ex finally flipped out at me and now neither her or her doormat of a husband are my 'friends'....
Thank F*CK for that..
01/12/2011 at 09:08

What an forgive the b!tch for taking my caravan ??????

01/12/2011 at 15:21
Wilkie wrote (see)

That's what I couldn't understand about the John Terry thing - he was having an affair (which is damn pretty bad), but it seemed to be somehow worse because he was having an affair with his team-mate's EX girlfriend?  Why is that?

At the time of the affair it was Bridge's CURRENT girlfiend.

How on earth did you miss that part.

ps Dave ex Spartan, did you used to post as Dangerous Dave in the old days?

01/12/2011 at 17:13

Nope

I used to be Dave The Spartan, And then became an Ex Spartan

01/12/2011 at 17:17
MrAN has to go to Harley Street next week for some tests on his shoulder. My ex, who broke my heart, lives on Harley Street. I've offered to go with MrAN, but I'd very much prefer not to. The last time I was on Harley Street, I nearly had a panic attack at the remote chance of meeting my ex. Of course, I'd never tell MrAN any of this.
Dark Vader    pirate
11/06/2012 at 21:44

It probably makes a difference if there are children involved...   staying in contact with the other parent is thus unavoidable...   but if its simply boyfriend/girlfriend then perhaps it can be harder to remain impartial - especially if jealousy sets in when a new partner is on the scene..   it'll always come back to sex...!

12/06/2012 at 20:16
Me and one of my ex's are a bit like Bruce willis and Demi Moore, if Bruce willis had a sex change. We lived together for 5 years. Continued to live together for 5 months after we spilt up, that was hard, so I moved out. 10 years later, we are as close as ever. She and her partner were wittnesses at my wedding and me and my partner were wittnesses at her wedding. This weekend the four of us are going away together. We usually go on holiday together once or twice a year. She remains my best friend and we speak several times a week and live a few roads apart. Both our partners have no jealousy at all as we really are platonic friends now.

A person I had a fling with, I'm in a band with and we are incredibly good friends. Some other minor ex's I'm 'friends' on Facebook.

Only one person I actively avoid, as she was a psycho and I would worry my cat might in up boiled.

My view is: if you spent a significant part of your life with someone, why would you not want to remain in contact with them? So you are no longer lovers, but surely the friendship can remain?
Edited: 12/06/2012 at 20:18
12/06/2012 at 21:25

I'm seeing an ex at the weekend.  He's my support crew at an endurance event I am doing.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
12/06/2012 at 21:49

The past is the past. I've only laid eyes on my ex-husband once since the day I walked out on him, don't know if he's alive or dead and don't care either. Closet homosexual who always put his family before me - weak and really to be pitied for letting his mother rule the roost and lord it over everyone. I just hope he never married again to cover up what he was really.

15/06/2012 at 15:03

I'm glad I stayed in touch with my ex she has been a great and understanding friend to me and offered a level of support that I never expected or felt worthy of after everything we had been through. I've had a shit year so far and she has been more than a friend and acted like a trusted counsel Sometimes I think I would have struggled without her frienship & support

15/06/2012 at 15:18

I would honestly like to be strong enough to be friends with any of my close ex's. There's two 'flings' that I speak to but that was more because they made the effort to keep in touch and be friendly.

18/06/2012 at 09:08

Got to say that my ex did a blinder at supporting me over the weekend.  He almost carried me up the beach when my energy levels flagged and had all my nutrition to hand exactly when I needed it.

18/06/2012 at 10:37

Ha...oh the irony.

Ex from uni yes, still in touch with - although wasn't for a long time.

Ex with my step daughter - and never want to be either

Ex from last week...yes and I think the road will be very very rocky if yesterday was anything to go by.

03/12/2012 at 01:15

I love my ex! He's a great & brilliant man. Always has been, always will be. 

We had our 18 year old son, both of us worship him, he's grown to be just like his dad, intelligent, hard working, humourous, totally lovely. I'm dead proud of them both.

My husband is best of friends with my ex, which make things a whole lot easier for all four of us. All of us work together as bus/coach drivers for the same company!

Long live my Nick! (ex)

03/12/2012 at 09:30

I don't have any contact at all with my ex, we'd been together 17 years. That's all my fault though.

She said she wanted to be friends when she dumped me (although that could have just been words), but I was still in love with her and at the time pretty much ticked off every single chapter in the things not to do in the event of being dumped book. I think there is a second edition of that due out with a couple of new chapters along the lines of "what the hell are you doing ya big eejit" and "somebody stop him".

No contact in years now. I don't think we could be friends anyway, as despite the fact we got on brilliantly and very rarely argued I think there is too much of an emotional past for us to ever be friends.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 76 of 76 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.