Stolen bikes

2 specialized bikes

21 to 40 of 40 messages
11/12/2012 at 20:49

Someone has seen those bikes from a neighbours property.  Exactly the same thing happened to someone I know.  In that case the bike was locked to a ladder, the lock was left intact and a length of scaffold pipe was left in the garden.  It was their second visit.

11/12/2012 at 21:29

That's bad news indeed. I would be gutted. I have 3 bikes and worry about any of them being out even if locked. Always telling myself that will have to get one of those really thick locks in town. I would be worried though if someone was watching my garden that closely.

11/12/2012 at 22:24

Depends on the area I suppose but I'd guess in most places bikes of that value left unlocked in a garden will go missing eventually.   I lost a MTB a few years back in similar circumstances - could have been opportunist or someone could have seen it in the garden from some flats across the road.   I also lost a shopper bike that I'd got from the tip - so they stole something someone else had thrown away.  

14/12/2012 at 16:42

I have a tattoo on my arm. Its the Punisher skull, with the words 'The Punisher' under neath it, then the words 'if your guilty, your dead'. (Look on google under Punisher tattoos, and scroll down, you will eventually see it). Sums up how i would feel if some f*** did that to me.

14/12/2012 at 20:34
Ha ha ha, ooooh I bet that keeps the bike thieves away
14/12/2012 at 21:00

is it a real tattoo or one that washes off?

15/12/2012 at 15:42

I hope it is a peel off tattoo, or I would have a word with the tattoo artist if he used the spelling you put in your post. Also I don't like the idea of theft of any description, but I think you may be coming down a little heavier than most would see as reasonable.

15/12/2012 at 17:04
Ghostrider wrote (see)

I have a tattoo on my arm. Its the Punisher skull, with the words 'The Punisher' under neath it, then the words 'if your guilty, your dead'. (Look on google under Punisher tattoos, and scroll down, you will eventually see it). Sums up how i would feel if some f*** did that to me.

Such a hardman, I'm sccared just reading that.

I can't be aarsed googling it but can you post a link please? I suspect I'm not alone in wondering if it really does say your and not you're...

15/12/2012 at 17:39

Maybe a photo of your arm would be easier

15/12/2012 at 17:44

you could hire your arm out as a personal bodyguard or hang it in a window to frighten off a would be thief.

cougie    pirate
15/12/2012 at 17:53
I think death for bike thieves is perfectly justified.

Apparently there was a study that showed cars gave you more room if you had tattoos. Well visible ones anyway.
15/12/2012 at 17:58

Oh I think I found it... And fuck me even with the correct spelling it is bad! And not at all scary, bless him

http://www.rankmytattoos.com/f/wmimages/arm-tattoo-6348675859177216902.jpg

15/12/2012 at 18:31

does the left arm have one? a name like "The Equaliser" would be just as hard.

15/12/2012 at 18:47
Told you I wasn't lying lol.. I got the line.. if your guilty from the movie which starred dolph Lundgren.. on my left arm I have a pencil sketch of the Punisher brandishing a 45.
15/12/2012 at 19:21

Is that a nurse in the back ground with a hand on her head laughing?i can only guess what shes thinking.

15/12/2012 at 21:19
To the op(I'm ignoring the tattoos out of politeness). That sucks. My partner had her bike stolen from our gated car park in the locked bike shed. Along with two other neighbours bikes. The police treated it as a burglary as it was stolen from a locked building and came round our flat for a sympathy visit.
Interestingly, when my partner got knocked off said bike a few months before and needed surgery, no police came round for a sympathy visit or to ask any information about the idiot who couldn't drive.
But we live in London. One friend of mine has had 9 bikes stolen. I think living where we do, it's got to be expected. Sadly.
15/12/2012 at 21:41

45% of london

21/12/2012 at 23:47

Unfortunately, if they have been once, the chances of them coming back again are quite high because they know you have bikes, know where they are and know how to get at them.

There are a whole host of things you could do from simple to overkill.

The simpler ones , as mentioned, are to keep them locked up at all times. If they have to be outside rather than inside, and if youhave  quick release wheels, take a wheel off each - they will not be able to ride them away and would make them  difficult to sell on. If appropriate you could go for ouside security light and also  go for outside camera - even a dummy would do.

22/12/2012 at 05:31

I have gone for the option of painting the replacement tricross with pink hammeritte.

27/12/2012 at 14:01

sorry - just found this...
I hate burglars of all sorts, but unless your garden is overlooked, someone was clearly tipped off (or overheard you talking about the bikes).
Given you have a 120' garden, its probably worth getting a solid structure up (garage/shed) to keep them locked up.
Although in your case it sounds like a team of 'professional' lifters, any security puts off the opportunist thief.
I think you have to be careful regardless of the neighbourhood. Does annoy me though as where I live (cul de sac) every house has a garage, some a double, yet its only us and one other house (out of 30) that put the car in the garage. Guy round the back had a laptop, ipod and some other gizmo nicked out of his car earlier this year. It was overnight, but it was also on the drive.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 40 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.