Straw poll - Do you think Oscar will get bail??

81 to 89 of 89 messages
24/02/2013 at 14:22
Culpable homicide, isn't it? More like manslaughter than attempted murder
24/02/2013 at 16:03
Oscar's brother is not up for murder, he was involved in a car accident where someone died in 2010
24/02/2013 at 17:45
EKGO wrote (see)
Oscar's brother is not up for murder, he was involved in a car accident where someone died in 2010

His gun must have gone off whilst driving. 

24/02/2013 at 18:06

The Pistorious's seem charming.

I think I just came up with an idea for a reality tv show.

25/02/2013 at 17:06
kittenkat wrote (see)

And yes he is guilty of killing someone, I don't think he should have got bail.

He should have got bail because he is innocent until proven guilty and he won't run away before the trial.

kittenkat wrote (see)

So here's a question. Say his story holds up completely, what will be the minimum sentence he would get? He has admitted killing her.

Apparently he killed someone whom he supposed might be a threat to his life (believed to be a burglar). I wouldn't be too surprised if he get off entirely, on the grounds of self defence and mistake.

But I have no idea what the law is in South Africa on these things.

In some countries you are allowed to shoot burglars if they are in your house. (Because there's a high probability they will be armed and it isn't reasonable to expect you to wait and find out if they are.)

Edited: 25/02/2013 at 17:10
25/02/2013 at 19:39

South African robbers and thieves take no prisoners and shoot to protect is seen as legit. Good for them I say, although this case may be a little different, I guess he just got a little too pissed by her and is using the robber issue as an excuse.

Tommygun2    pirate
28/03/2013 at 16:48
28/03/2013 at 17:14

Couldn't care less about this story. I have my own life to lead. 

28/03/2013 at 18:56

I wonder if (accidentally on purpose) someone will replace the starting pistol with a real one?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 89 of 89 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.