Straw poll - Do you think Oscar will get bail??

1 to 20 of 107 messages
21/02/2013 at 13:52

Or will he have to get used to the taste of prison food for the next couple of decades?

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
21/02/2013 at 13:56

You missed out the Who the Feck Cares  option

21/02/2013 at 13:57

He might.  Then again he might not. And that's that really.

21/02/2013 at 14:01
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Cmon its an interesting case. Youve got a lead investigator up on his own attempted murder charges, the case has it all!

Personally I think he's going down ......... downtown!

21/02/2013 at 14:02
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Cmon its an interesting case. Youve got a lead investigator up on his own attempted murder charges, the case has it all!

Personally I think he's going down ......... downtown!

The whole thing is a waste of oxygen and news print... 

XX1
21/02/2013 at 14:30
If he does get bail do you think he'll do a runner?
XX1
21/02/2013 at 14:38
Taxi Driver wrote (see)
If he does get bail do you think he'll do a runner?

He might get bail, But his legs wont ?

21/02/2013 at 14:49

He has already had to surrender his legs to the authorities - he is now getting about on two empty tins of baked beans with sting attached -

He killed the girl there is no getting away from that whether it is murder or not, I suppose a jury will decide - for me the question that does need to be answered is - was it steroids that were found or a herbal mixture readily available - according to the defense it is, accroding to google I couldn't find it!!!!! and if it is steroids will British 400 metre sensation Martin Rooney (as opposed to Manchester Granny Shagger Wayne) - try and distance himself from his 'my best friend Oscar' comments who he has just come back from training with! on facebook

21/02/2013 at 14:50

But he's been on the telly!!!!

Amused to read today that the BBC has apologised to any listeners who were offended when R6 played Hey Joe following a news item in which the Pistorius case was mentioned.

Offended? Come one!

Edited: 21/02/2013 at 14:50
21/02/2013 at 14:51

*puts on best David Coleman voice*

And it's Pistorius on the inside ..

21/02/2013 at 14:57

Dave the spartan  - you're a tough crowd.

i am enjoying (?!) the coverage. i think we should adopt the south african judicial system on two grounds:

1. it's more exciting. people can tweet from the courtroom! no jury so you cannot prejudice the trial. so we can say owt we want. fun!

2. if I was on trial for my life i'd want a judge, not 12 dunderheids. unless I was guilty, in which case, jury defo. it also removes the ludicrous necessity for nobody to comment on the defendant's past during the case (see 1), which is nigh on impossible with today's modes of communication.

WiB
21/02/2013 at 15:04

Didn't think they did trial by jury in SA?

WiB
21/02/2013 at 15:11

they don't.

21/02/2013 at 15:13

Trial by media

WiB wrote (see)

Didn't think they did trial by jury in SA?

It's only a bail hearing for Dog's sake....

Will he get bail, or won't he?

Don't know about Pistorius but I'm certainly stumped.

21/02/2013 at 15:14
Grendel3 wrote (see)

and if it is steroids will British 400 metre sensation Martin Rooney (as opposed to Manchester Granny Shagger Wayne) - try and distance himself from his 'my best friend Oscar' comments who he has just come back from training with! on facebook

I think Oscar will soon have a new best friend called Bubba.

21/02/2013 at 15:14

it isn't trial by media. it's trial by defence, prosecution and a judge.

what the media/we say isn't relevant.

21/02/2013 at 15:18
the dude abides wrote (see)

it isn't trial by media. it's trial by defence, prosecution and a judge.

what the media/we say isn't relevant.

Its the same when people say 'Innocent until proven guilty'.

Technically thats true and from a legal point of view it is, but we are allowed to think what we like. I think he's guilty, and Im allowed to think he's guilty ...... from a legal standpoint he is at this very moment in time innocent, but I am not a legal courtroom, and Im allowed to think what I want.

Im not even going to do the 'he hasnt got a leg to stand on' gag (although I just did I guess)

21/02/2013 at 15:32

i know we are, that's what I'm saying it's all good.

1 to 20 of 107 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.