Strictly 2012

Have we got our dancing shoes on yet?

381 to 400 of 1,154 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
04/11/2012 at 20:45

So we have to put up with Richard for another week? Boo hiss boo.

04/11/2012 at 20:46
by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
Yup, very definitely. I quite like artem and James too. They have good bodies and a personality

I'm inconsolable 

...but i agree with you about Artem and James 

04/11/2012 at 20:49

Did someone mention Artem? *drool*

04/11/2012 at 21:29
I hope Mr bookworm isn't anywhere near!
05/11/2012 at 07:41

I find Artem rather too "fixed toothy grin" for my liking...........

05/11/2012 at 07:50
I'm not looking at his face....
05/11/2012 at 10:42

Kimberley and Pasha: I really liked the routine and hats off to Kimberley for working through her injury. However, I thought her footwork seemed a bit heavy and the lift looked a bit clumsy to me. I would have really liked this routine if it was a freestyle, but I didn't think it had enough salsa in it and I wasn't overly keen on the music choice.

Richard and Erin: dis-as-ter! But much better in the dance off. At least he kept going after he messed it up which is more than I can say for some of them (cough cough Victoria cough)

Victoria and Brendan: awkward, awkward, awkward. Not quite as bad as week 1 but she's definitely slid back a bit. I thought the judges were sucking up to her ... talking about her "bravery" instead of critiquing the performance? She really should be out soon if she doesn't improve. Although she's marginally better than Richard, I think he's more entertaining to watch because even when it goes wrong he carries on and looks confident. When Victoria gets something wrong she looks like she wants to stop dancing.

Michael and Natalie: another great ballroom routine from Michael! He's improved so much from the first couple of weeks, I hope he can carry it through to the next Latin dance too. I love Natalie, she's one of my favourite professionals and clearly a brilliant teacher.

Colin and Kristina: better than last week but he looked slightly awkward. I agree that he was not as bad as some others (Victoria, Fern, Richard!) but I don't think he would have lasted beyond the next 2 weeks.

Lisa and Robin: It was good to see a serious routine and she did well. I would have prefered if she was wearing a slightly shorter skirt so I could see her footwork properly and at a couple of points it seemed as though she was leading Robin!

Denise and James: very, very nice routine but I still can't warm to them. I'm not sure that it deserved 9's but one of the best of the night.

Louis and Flavia: What on earth are the judges on?! 6/10 from Craig. Absolutely ridiculous. The samba is the dance of death for so many couples, and can look awkward and embarrassing. Not only was this a really great routine to watch, but it was packed full of proper samba moves. Maybe there were a couple of bits that looked more like salsa, but when other couples who do not put as much content into their dances get marked higher I think the judges were serving another agenda.

Nicky and Karen: a decent ballroom routine but didn't make much of an impression on me - I think I was reeling from the poor scores given to Louis! I'm sure Nicky's fans will keep him in for another few weeks but he shouldn't stay at the expense of Lisa, Kimberley, Denise, Louis, Dani or Michael.

Fern and Artem: another dis-as-ter. Agree with comment above, surely the only reason they weren't in the dance off was because Artem had his shirt off! The sections when she was on the floor were awkward, clumsy and completely lacking in any grace. I hated the wafty, wafty thing she was doing with her skirt. Paso is supposed to be dramatic and passionate, not airy fairy. Particularly bad considering she had a special lesson from a professional flamenco dancer. She should have gone this week.

Dani and Vincent: a great routine, lots of good jive content, Dani was brilliant at the side-by-side sections - seemed to be totally in sync with Vincent. Music worked really well with the routine too.

05/11/2012 at 10:44

Did anyone see Darcey on Graham Norton? I thought she came across really well

05/11/2012 at 11:54

xine - agree about Victoria. the judges are very reluctant to criticise her. perhaps because she always appears very vulnerable emotionally. whereas others (like colin) they refused to praise.

05/11/2012 at 11:59

That's a good point, but even if they aren't going to critique her properly they could show it in the scores. I think she's been overmarked in many of performances.

I'm still upset about that 6 for Louis and Flavia's samba  

05/11/2012 at 12:04

it was an outrage. i threw down my remote control in disgust.

05/11/2012 at 12:23
I wonder how long Brendan will keep fawning over Victoria
05/11/2012 at 14:28
the dude abides wrote (see)

it was an outrage. i threw down my remote control in disgust.

by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
I wonder how long Brendan will keep fawning over Victoria

I know. I feel mean for thinking/saying it but I'm getting bored of her neediness. Do you think he's like that all the time or just on Saturday because she gets extra nervous about the live show? I thought he was very sweet with Michelle Williams but he didn't seem to get on with Lulu at all.

05/11/2012 at 14:43
Do you remember him with Sarah manners? It was quite an early series but he was dreadful. Reduced her to tears and they had blazing rows. I think he has mellowed s lot and not just on camera.
05/11/2012 at 17:57

Well, I don't think anybody has gone that is a total travesty yet.

Fern, Victoria, Richard and probably Colin were the bottom four and although they go easy on Vicky she was last but one and clearly Richard was last given his Dis- aster

I tend to agree with most on Denise, just can;t warm to her at the moment but it was the best dance. Michael has really come on BUT he has Latin next week. So could be a problem but the confidence gain may help.

Back to the bottom four though. I think Colin was slightly unlucky but Fern and Victoria obviously got the votes.

Richard was always going to improve in the dance-off. Short of ending up on his backside he couldn't do worse. I think if Colin had repeated his first performance he would have stayed. His problem was his dance-off was pretty poor and he looked all over the place. Not sure if the pressure got to him but in the end I couldn't really argue. I thought he was very magnanimous though and his farewell speech was spot on. Not sure if Kristina has let him down as such but i do feel she was a bit short for him. Natalie or perhaps Erin might have suited him better.

Next week could be Richard (he really isn't that good) or Fern who has plateaued at a not very good level. I think Victoria can occasionally produce a good dance (usualyl ballroom) which might keep her going for a week or two and she certainly thanked the viewers for voting for her. Also still not sure about Nicky.

Just to be controversial, I thought the judges were about right on Louis (I know Boo hiss). Having said that I think he is the only man in the running for the final this year unless Michael can translate his ballroom into Latin.

Louis, Kimberley and Denise at the moment are top three.

However Dani is looking good (that was a good jive), Lisa still in there but not sure she has improved so much the last two weeks and Michael is now a contender BUT what about his Latin.

05/11/2012 at 18:34
James is injured so Denise is dancing with Ian until he can dance again.
05/11/2012 at 19:45

Oh my Dog, to have Ian back on a Sat night would be fabulous, hope James is out for a wek or two   But then, we won't get his Wednesday night critique with Zoe 

05/11/2012 at 23:28

I like Ian's critique-ing but Zoe's fawning all over him turns my stomach I'm afraid   My absolute fave is Craig - for all his supposed "nastiness" I've always thought he was by far and away the most honest and actually if they listen to what he says and don't just boo-hiss him he usually has something useful to say. This year Darcey is running him a close 2nd though while the other 2 just whittle away......

Wish I'd seen Louis' dance now as it seems to even have divided the Strictly RW lounge   I will have to try and find 5 mins to watch it on iplayer over the next couple of days.........

I'm thinking Fern should be next to go - she doesn't seem to be able to bring any different characterisation to her dances and just sort of wafts (fairly) elegantly through them which worked well at first but is now a bit one-trick-pony'ish..... How she could be so gentle to Killer Queen the other night left me quite disturbed....

06/11/2012 at 08:26

Couldnt agree with you more about Zoe's fawning Podds, and about Craig. So this weekend we have no Bruce and the addition of the lovely Ian. Can't ask for much more than that. I'm Sodbury Slogging so will have to catch up on Sunday night.

06/11/2012 at 09:24

Hi folks - coming out of lurking mode! I thought Zoe said that James hoped to be dancing on Saturday night, so we might not get to see Ian dance with Denise, apart from in training. It's a shame, as I'd love to see Ian back as one of the professional dancers.

I agree with most of the comments here, though I really like Richard, and I like Denise too. I know a lot of people have been anti Denise because of her dance experience, but whatever experience she has had, it's not been ballroom. And to be fair, a lot of actors have some experience from going through stage/drama school.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.