Strictly 2012

Have we got our dancing shoes on yet?

501 to 520 of 1,154 messages
15/11/2012 at 09:47

Interesting. I agree with an amalgamation of comments from Top Sec, B the B and Xine.

Here’s my list to go. What I think will happen:
Richard, Victoria, Nicky, Michael, Dani, Lisa, Denise, Louis

An what I’d like to happen - while trying to be fairish as to dance ability.
Nicky, Richard, Michael, Victoria, Dani, Lisa, Denise, Louis

I reserve my right to change my mind.

Still think Denise is a ringer but I do like her and James' jokey bickering relationship and she is improving  all the time. Her Paso was excellent and very convincing, although It somehow left me a bit cold. Which I admit is odd.

I so wanted Vicky P. to be good but she just isn’t and can’t conquer her nerves and relax. Get those shoulders down honey! (That’s real sprinters stuff - you move so much freer, faster and easier if you relax your neck and shoulders. She is soooo fearless on the track, in spite of her vulnerability. I don’t see her as a spoiled child. Thinking about track cycling though it’s easy to understand how much easier it is for her to get her legs dancing than her upper body.

Like Top Sec I have a soft spot for Michael Vaughan and love the way he has knuckled down to training AND found he enjoys it into the bargain. He looks at Natalie like he’s a trusting, intelligent puppy.

Top Sec - never mind you being North Yorks, I'm a Manc - and here I am defending Bradford's finest! But I do like her. Me and my partner Raffo are both relative codgers and Raffo thinks there’s a bit of an age thing with Dani. He can’t relate to her at all, doesn’t fancy her (too young and too dumpy!) but thinks Kimbers is a bit of a babe and agrees with me that she can dance. And works hard (how we love that!) I think Dani’s tatts are hideous too - now that IS an age thing! But they do make her legs look even shorter. I appreciate that she’s a nice person and a good dancer. But I still prefer Kimbers.

I’m a girl (welI a wizened old crone actually) but I prefer my dancers  - male and female to be easy on the eye. Just call me shallow … I AM!

15/11/2012 at 13:02

Haven't commentated on here for ages! I've kept up with SCD but missed a few episodes of ITT while I was away.

I'd like to see a final 3 of Louis, Dani and Denise I think.

I've gone off Lisa (poor, poor Artem ) and Robin now and they can leave whenever they like. Michael can stay for a few more weeks as he and Natalie have a funny partnership and he is at least trying and being enthusiastic without being over the top. Victoria can stay a bit longer too as she's good value in a car crash way  Kimberley and Nicky are OK in a meh kind of way but I don't think either of them deserve to be in the final unless they manage a great dance soon. Richard probably needs to go soon for Erin's sanity.

Not enjoying this year as much as I hoped, there haven't been any wow dances for me yet

15/11/2012 at 14:31

Sharkie, you missed Kimberley out?  I agree her fans will put in extra votes now and as I said I was surprised as she usually produces a nice dance.

I was away from the thread a couple of weeks too LN, even though I avidly watched movie week and halloween week it all left me a bit flat and felt I couldn't even be bothered to comment   We are also in Texas again this time until early Dec so sort of feel one step removed from it all, strange really.  Will be back for semis and finals though so that's good.

By the way, forgot to say, how fabulous was Brendan and Natalies Rumba! 

I think the only wow dance this year so far has been Robin & Lisa's ccc, I think more for the surprise at how good it was rather than it being a fab dance?

15/11/2012 at 14:39

Stop calling Dani dumpy! it's a wee shame.

I think the fact that sharkie missed kimberley out rather illustrates the point.

I also thought Denise's Jive was pretty wow (not in capitals though)

15/11/2012 at 14:47

I still have unnatural urges to do something to Claudia

15/11/2012 at 14:47

My problem with Denise is that I see lots of good technique but it doesn't grab me, not sure why.

The nearest dance to wow me was probably Dani's jive. And I think her tango would have been fantastic if only she was a little bit taller

I think the last 2 series spoiled me as there were some amazing dances even if I hated some of the contestants more than this lot.

This year is so BEIGE!!!

15/11/2012 at 14:48

I have an urge to cut her fringe and take the heels off her shoes

15/11/2012 at 14:52

nothing will ever top kara and artem's AT. hey ho.

i'm still enjoying Lisa and Robin. Despite having perhaps peaked too early she is not trading off her personality and 'fun factor' and presuming people will vote for her anyway. she is working extremely hard to learn and perform every dance to the maximum. And she also takes criticism very well.

15/11/2012 at 14:59

Wasn't quite what I meant Nemo !

15/11/2012 at 15:48

TopSec - what about Matt and Aliona's circus charleston? I thought that was brilliant  

I think this week at Wembley will be the acid test for many of the mid to bottom of the table couples. All that floor space to flop around awkwardly in!

My ideal order of elimination:

Victoria, Richard, Nicky, Michael, Dani, Lisa, Kimberley, Denise, Louis

I really like Victoria as an athlete but she is a horrible dancer, so awkward and uncomfortable that I find her painful to watch. Richard is rubbish, but he seems to laugh at himself so I don't feel bad about laughing along with him.

15/11/2012 at 15:56
xine267 wrote (see)

acid test

I bet Vicky thought she was past all the drugs tests  

15/11/2012 at 16:38

xine As you've probably noticed we usually share opinions - so much as it pains, deep down I know you are right about Vicky. Raffo (who also really likes her) thinks she won't even be that sorry to go. Yes she does look uncomfortable and that puts one on edge even when she gets it right. Compare and contrast to Lisa  - who won me over (along with thousands of others)  - form the first show. She is so confident and happy to be there performing that feeling transfers to the audience. And she can dance.

She's one of my favourites - see I don't have it in for the chubsters!

Agree with the Dude's post, every word, re Lisa.

Kara T was something else. Exquisite, musical, fearless ... and modest and hard working. We saw her in Pygmalion, she was fabulous - convinicing as a duchess as much as a flower girl - I love it when anyone, famous or otherwise, surpises everybody by moving on out of their comfort zone or familiar TV/celebrity  persona.

Ooh that sounds poncey!

The one I really don't care for is Nicky. And I can't even be bothered to explain why. 

15/11/2012 at 21:05

sharkie - I saw her in pygmalion too. she was fantastic. I saw roger allam recently at the globe playing Falstaff and felt the same thing. Nice to see a solid TV actor really getting to flex their muscles.

16/11/2012 at 01:54

Claudia has absolutely fabulous hair - to die for - but I too would take some scissors to her fringe!!  I have to say up in the tessanine was a lot bubblier on Sat night with her there - she really was one of the gang I thought.  Wish she was there every week

16/11/2012 at 08:29
More Claudia fans here in me and Raffo. She's the only one of the weekend team in possession of anything resembling wit. But she does look a bit like Alice Cooper with that fringe and the panda mascara. Preferable to the galumphing Tess though who Raffo always calls 'Chris', noting her resemblance to gangly, ungainly Chris Tomlinson - the 'other' uk long jumper. I think he has a point.

Don't really like the Wemblerley effect but I'm still looking forward to tomorrow's show. Richard or Nicky to go please!
16/11/2012 at 08:36

I think that's a tad unfair on Chris Tomlinson

If/when Bruce goes I'd be quite happy to have Tess front of stage and Claudia in the back messing about.

16/11/2012 at 08:40

it worked well but i'd rather see Claudia up on the Mezzanine, with Anton Du Beke presenting and Tess working in Morrisons.

16/11/2012 at 08:50
Like it Dude. Best place for her!
16/11/2012 at 09:39

stupid post posted twice.

Stupid me to be fair.

Edited: 16/11/2012 at 09:40
16/11/2012 at 10:19
the dude abides wrote (see)

it worked well but i'd rather see Claudia up on the Mezzanine, with Anton Du Beke presenting and Tess working in Morrisons.

couldn't agree more

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.