Strictly 2012

Have we got our dancing shoes on yet?

501 to 520 of 1,139 messages
15/11/2012 at 14:59

Wasn't quite what I meant Nemo !

15/11/2012 at 15:48

TopSec - what about Matt and Aliona's circus charleston? I thought that was brilliant  

I think this week at Wembley will be the acid test for many of the mid to bottom of the table couples. All that floor space to flop around awkwardly in!

My ideal order of elimination:

Victoria, Richard, Nicky, Michael, Dani, Lisa, Kimberley, Denise, Louis

I really like Victoria as an athlete but she is a horrible dancer, so awkward and uncomfortable that I find her painful to watch. Richard is rubbish, but he seems to laugh at himself so I don't feel bad about laughing along with him.

15/11/2012 at 15:56
xine267 wrote (see)

acid test

I bet Vicky thought she was past all the drugs tests  

15/11/2012 at 16:38

xine As you've probably noticed we usually share opinions - so much as it pains, deep down I know you are right about Vicky. Raffo (who also really likes her) thinks she won't even be that sorry to go. Yes she does look uncomfortable and that puts one on edge even when she gets it right. Compare and contrast to Lisa  - who won me over (along with thousands of others)  - form the first show. She is so confident and happy to be there performing that feeling transfers to the audience. And she can dance.

She's one of my favourites - see I don't have it in for the chubsters!

Agree with the Dude's post, every word, re Lisa.

Kara T was something else. Exquisite, musical, fearless ... and modest and hard working. We saw her in Pygmalion, she was fabulous - convinicing as a duchess as much as a flower girl - I love it when anyone, famous or otherwise, surpises everybody by moving on out of their comfort zone or familiar TV/celebrity  persona.

Ooh that sounds poncey!

The one I really don't care for is Nicky. And I can't even be bothered to explain why. 

15/11/2012 at 21:05

sharkie - I saw her in pygmalion too. she was fantastic. I saw roger allam recently at the globe playing Falstaff and felt the same thing. Nice to see a solid TV actor really getting to flex their muscles.

16/11/2012 at 01:54

Claudia has absolutely fabulous hair - to die for - but I too would take some scissors to her fringe!!  I have to say up in the tessanine was a lot bubblier on Sat night with her there - she really was one of the gang I thought.  Wish she was there every week

16/11/2012 at 08:29
More Claudia fans here in me and Raffo. She's the only one of the weekend team in possession of anything resembling wit. But she does look a bit like Alice Cooper with that fringe and the panda mascara. Preferable to the galumphing Tess though who Raffo always calls 'Chris', noting her resemblance to gangly, ungainly Chris Tomlinson - the 'other' uk long jumper. I think he has a point.

Don't really like the Wemblerley effect but I'm still looking forward to tomorrow's show. Richard or Nicky to go please!
16/11/2012 at 08:36

I think that's a tad unfair on Chris Tomlinson

If/when Bruce goes I'd be quite happy to have Tess front of stage and Claudia in the back messing about.

16/11/2012 at 08:40

it worked well but i'd rather see Claudia up on the Mezzanine, with Anton Du Beke presenting and Tess working in Morrisons.

16/11/2012 at 08:50
Like it Dude. Best place for her!
16/11/2012 at 09:39

stupid post posted twice.

Stupid me to be fair.

Edited: 16/11/2012 at 09:40
16/11/2012 at 10:19
the dude abides wrote (see)

it worked well but i'd rather see Claudia up on the Mezzanine, with Anton Du Beke presenting and Tess working in Morrisons.

couldn't agree more

16/11/2012 at 13:15
Best thing I've heard all day!
16/11/2012 at 13:20
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

I still have unnatural urges to do something to Claudia

Slap her with a wet fish?

16/11/2012 at 13:34
Put her on Ritalin? Stop her drinking caffeine?
16/11/2012 at 13:38

I honestly don't 'understand' Tess. I suppose she is reckoned to be decorative? The glamourous assistant and all that? But never have I seen an ex model wear clothes quite so badly (there I go presuming - she's probably an ex navvy not an ex model. And I did say navvy not nanny) Anyrateup it's not like the show is lacking glamour girls... all the dancers are babes or hotties of one sort or another. Even though some are a bit over endowed in the chin department.

And all Tess does up on the Tezzazine is repeat back to the couple what the judges have just said.

I don't dislike the girl she just seems sort of pointless...

16/11/2012 at 14:39

Love Claudia, I can cope with the long fringe and panda eyes but wish she would stop wearing that awful shade of lipstick in what is best described as 'corpse'. It makes her look so washed out.

Tess ... I've got used to her over the years and can now just ignore her (apart from the first 5 minutes of the show when I try to process what horrendous crime against fashion she has just committed). My boyfriend describes her as "dead behind the eyes" which about sums it up, where's the passion or interest or anything?!

16/11/2012 at 22:37

Running a day behind and just watched Thurs ITT.  Going on what I've seen and barring disasters and dances looking crap because Wembley is just toooo big ...  Richard to leave

yeo
16/11/2012 at 22:57

I think my urges to do something to Claudia are perfectly natural

17/11/2012 at 09:11

I'm not particularly keen on the Bruce/Tess double act, but although I groan at Brucie's jokes I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for him. I love Claudia (though not in a pervy way) and admire the way she has her own style and sticks to it. Whether you love her look or hate it, it's distinctively Claudia.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.