Strictly 2012

Have we got our dancing shoes on yet?

601 to 620 of 1,154 messages
22/11/2012 at 08:33

We got to see a bit of training yesterday, TopSec.

Most people were looking OK except for Victoria and Brendan who spent most of it with their arms tangled in the salsa. I think he needs to get her down to a salsa club and get her drunk on tequila!

Dani (Samba?) and Denise (AS) looked pretty good.

I am slightly scared by the idea of a Lisa and Robin rumba

Agree re. the singers, they need to pick stuff they can sing. It must be hard to concentrate on a dance when someone is murdering the vocals!

22/11/2012 at 11:08

Will Lisa be leading Robin in the rumba? Could be terrifying although I'm sure she'll give it her best a do a decent job.

22/11/2012 at 17:22

Actually walk like an Egyptian was rubbish as well on Saturday. made the Bangles sound like the Beatles as well Fortunately Denise wasn;t affected.

Lisa and the Rumba. This is the worst dance for me, even as a viewer i never really get it so this is a killer dance. Possibly could have done with this earlier but still a couple of people much worse than her so better than getting it in 2 or 3 weeks time.

It is sort of interesting now though because we could easily lose somebody good now. Vicky and Nikki are the ones most at risk but both might pull a performance out but Vicky has a latin so probably not.

22/11/2012 at 17:37

Does anyone remember a couple of weeks ago when one of the Celebs (I think it was Nikki) said something about Saturdays being harder because in training they dance to the real song? He then shut up very sharpish as Bruce glanced him a look and moved quickly on. I wondered then if he was unhappy with the music quality. 

22/11/2012 at 18:12

Yeah I do remember that comment  - although I would be surprised if Friday's dress rehearsal wasn't with the live band. Mind you how often does a ballet company rehearse with the full orchestra! The celebs with better musicality (and that's not Mr.Westlife!) will fare better with the live switch as they will actually respond to what they hear and feel rather than hanging on grimly to the steps.

Of course if the band fucks up then it IS difficult.....

As for Walk like an Egyptian  - the version used was the Puccini sisters, so that's what Denise and James will have practiced to. Mind you it's a bit typical of the mish mash quality of the night: ancient Egypt, roaring Twenties, a bit of Raiders of the lost Ark... and the essentially forties style Puccini sisters all shoe horned into one performance.

Which they made a superb job of. Obv.

But I preferred Chris and Ola too.....

23/11/2012 at 03:28
Have to agree, that version of Club Tropicana was dire!

Much as I love Lisa & Robin; Rumba - oh dear
23/11/2012 at 09:36

Robin and Lisa have a good relationship, so they might be able to pull off a good performance, though of course there are physical limitations......

Will it be Nicky or Vicky who goes this week? I do hope it's not one of the others!

23/11/2012 at 11:21

I thought Lisa and Robin's rumba looked ok in practice yesterday - given all the usual factors which make this the dance of death I think they've got a reasonable shot at making it through and they did say that she is actually letting Robin lead!!!

24/11/2012 at 18:37

Plumps up cushions, opens wine and pringles. 

24/11/2012 at 18:43

Hello

I have chocolate!

I may need alcohol for Lisa's rumba  

24/11/2012 at 18:50

I'm going to have to start watching on iPlayer to skip all thecrappy videotapes

Do you think it's anything to do with them showing training in ITT?

24/11/2012 at 18:52
Oh no. The comedy VTs are back
24/11/2012 at 18:52

Cringeworthy VT there. Not a bad dance but didn't like the music. 

24/11/2012 at 18:54

I liked that though I wasn't keen on the middle bit of the song.

Edited: 24/11/2012 at 18:56
24/11/2012 at 18:58

Bruce gets worse. 

God Bruce, please retire 

Oh bog off Bruce. You are so annoying
24/11/2012 at 18:59
We agree then ;0)
24/11/2012 at 19:03

Ooh, I really loved that. Clever Pasha and well done Kimberley 

24/11/2012 at 19:04
Urgh, Bruce. So so annoying. I tried to persuade miss by eck to delay watching so we could skip those bits. I failed
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.