Strictly 2012

Have we got our dancing shoes on yet?

61 to 80 of 1,154 messages
05/10/2012 at 22:10

She's already given more useful advice in one show than Alesha did in a whole series. 

Trogs    pirate
05/10/2012 at 22:15

Probably more than in Alesha's whole Strictly career

05/10/2012 at 22:22

Yeah and DB's advice was constructive and not just generalised.
Bruno said some good stuff too.

Agree with consensus that Colin and Outers were best of the night - they were also noticeably the least consumed with nerves. And both had good arms - which is something so many struggle with.

I still love Vicky. I can see we have two camps of opinion here. Just knew it'd be ''I've let my partner down..." How many times did she say sorry? I hope she can learn to relax  - it's so much a part of athletics (which I do) but perhaps not cycling?

05/10/2012 at 22:33
I'm really liking Darcy as a judge so far, she gives some good constructive criticism but isn't too free with the scores.
05/10/2012 at 22:36
*Frodo* wrote (see)

She's already given more useful advice in one show than Alesha did in a whole series. 

agreed 

05/10/2012 at 22:41
Trogs. wrote (see)

Oh, and Darcy (yeah) might start to get on my nerves (yeah) but sooo much better as a judge (yeah) than Alesha, yeah?

yeah. Agreed.  on both the yeah and the better judge. 

05/10/2012 at 22:43

Welcome back Strictly!

Good things:

• Scores seem to have been reset to sensible levels
  • Colin has moves

Bad things:

• Michael Vaughn, possibly the most wooden thing I've ever seen
  • Vicky P. blubbing - for God's sake woman, get a grip!
  • Denise Van Outen - lovely dance but she is such a ringer
  • Brucey seems a bit more doddery than normal

If Darcey could just stop staying yeah? she could be a good judge, yeah?

Edited: 05/10/2012 at 22:44
05/10/2012 at 22:58
*Frodo* wrote (see)

It was when they showed that clip of him playing the trumpet with his jazz band in the introduction show the other week that I was lost, Schmunkee 

He first appeared on my radar in Prime Suspect 2 many moons ago.  Then he was in one episode of Dr Who and I knew he could do no wrong

05/10/2012 at 23:05
Trogs. wrote (see)

Oh, and Darcy (yeah) might start to get on my nerves (yeah) but sooo much better as a judge (yeah) than Alesha, yeah?

Yep I noticed that too - very annoying but I did like the way she took their own skills and showed how they could transfer them to the dancing - nice constructive criticism...............I must be going soft in my old age!!

Another Colin fan here although how he's going to maintain his frame (get me with the jargon ) in ballroom hold when he towers so over Kristina I really don't know

VP got on my nerves too - ok she mucked up, ok she was nervous but hey they're all in the same boat!  Phew - soft side I was worried about hasn't hung around

And.......I shall see it tomorrow since it will be too late to go to swim training by the time I get back from pushing my trusty steed up some Surrey Hills

See y'all tomorrow

yeo
06/10/2012 at 15:06

Only just caught up with last night's prog, and I won't see tonight's in real time either.

I agree with the comments about Darcy, I hope someone has a word about the yeahs?, because I fear they will distract from the sensible constructive criticism.

Also I'm with Schmunkee about VP, I went off her after that documentary and I think Brendan will struggle with her. She's still gorgeous though.

Hooray! to the return of the dance off. That should help eliminate some of the unjust voting off we got last year.

06/10/2012 at 15:46

Oi you lot, ease with the Victoria bashing   I fear I am going to be saying that a lot this series (if she lasts long enough!)  I was watching thinking "don't cry, don't cry - it'll be all other the interweb tomorrow ... "  She lost it pretty early on and never really recovered.  If she can nail a good ballroom next week she will be OK.  The judges 'should' keep her in if it came to a dance off though

Loved Colin, I too remember him in Prime Suspect and thought he was gorge then - what a mover   Someone earlier mentioned Colin and Denise were the best, I guess that is the 'actor' coming through.

Didn't think Michael was that bad LN, not the best by a long chalk but given time

Fern was as I expected

Nicky was more wooden than I thought, I said to Mr TS - is that a lift I saw there?  Cor, Craig certainly went to town on that!!

Denise is just too good, too soon.  We won't have a (whisper it) journey.  I will pop over to Digital Spy to see what the vitriol being spouted over there is!

Sat here last night waiting for it to come up on iplayer, still hadn't come up at 11pm (we're 6 hours behind) - I was like a pregnant father!!

Looking forward to tonights

06/10/2012 at 17:49

Colin.....mmmmmmmm!  He might be the object of my affections this year too! Yum.

Darcey, yah, was doing my head in, yah? Which is a shame because she was being useful! Yah? Aarghhhh!

Victoria is waaaaay too highly strung for my liking, can't be doing with it all. I'd rather share a bottle of plonk and a pizza with Lisa Riley any day!

06/10/2012 at 18:25

Is it time?

06/10/2012 at 18:36

It is Frodo

06/10/2012 at 18:44
I enjoyed that
06/10/2012 at 18:45

Yes, good start there. Even Craig doesn't think it was a dis-ahhhhhh-ster

06/10/2012 at 18:48
I cannot wait for Louis...
06/10/2012 at 18:52

Evening 

06/10/2012 at 18:53

Rick-eeee was good too, even though Bruno's getting carried away (no surprise there)

06/10/2012 at 18:59
This is a bit embarrassing *covers eyes*
61 to 80 of 1,154 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.