Strictly 2012

Have we got our dancing shoes on yet?

861 to 880 of 1,154 messages
08/12/2012 at 22:18

Well I enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I would 

Denise and James weren't quite as good as I expected but maybe that was due to her dress getting caught but she did seem to go wrong in the quickstep.

Lisa and Robin I thought suffered from bad choreography, the two halves of the dance didn't go together for me.

Nicky and Karen I liked more than the judges did. Considering how different the two styles were I thought it was a good attempt. Craig was unnecessarily cruel.

Daniel and Vincent were just brilliant. The styles worked so well together with the music and she danced it fantastically, they were my favourites.

Louis and Flavia were very good too and the change from Rumba to Tango went with the song. I even found myself thinking I could stand to watch a whole Rumba from him even though his hands still look freakishly large!

Kimberley and Pasha, not sure I'm in agreement with anyone else. For me it was an OK dance but I didn't think it worked that well. I don't understand why it got 10s and it wasn't even the dance of the night for me never mind the season. Oh well, one man's meat etc.

08/12/2012 at 23:04

I didn't see when Denise caught her dress, I'm assuming it was in the jive?  The bit I noticed though was when they were going across the top of the floor during quickstep and I'm sure they knocked feet.  Will have to see if it's on BBC website yet and watch again.

09/12/2012 at 10:00
Nemo - me too! I thought that all the dances (except Nicky and Lisa) were really great.

Nicky - don't understand why they fused samba with American Smooth. Bewildering! Should be out this week.

Lisa - I liked the tango but the cha cha was not good, she missed several steps and returned to pulling distracting faces. Bottom 2 if there's any justice.

Denise - when did her heel get caught? I must have blinked and missed that bit. Other than that I thought it was a good fusion, jive definitely suits her. I'm a bit worried that she's middle of the board and might not get as many votes as the others (esp sympathy votes after Craig savaged Nicky) ... could this be a shock appearance in the Bottom 2? - at least she should survive Dance Off against Nicky or Lisa.

Louis - loved this! Rumba was excellent & they spent much more time on it than I was expecting. Flowed really well into tango which was also fabulous (as we'd expect from Flavia!) And a decent score from Craig!

Dani - fabulous! Really fun dance, both styles worked well together and she danced them brilliantly. She fully deserves a final place.

Kimberley - really liked it, very clever way to blend tango and cha cha (Lisa, that's how to do it) - shows Pasha's choreography skills off. I wasn't convinced by the music choice but it actually worked really well. I didn't think it deserved 4 x 10 though, I didn't think it was better than Dani or Louis.

I think the positions on the leader board were correct (barring maybe Kim being above Dani - they should have tied I think),. It's obvious to me which couples should be in bottom 2, but this is a dangerous time in the competition for middle of the board couples & good dancers who have an off week. If Nicky and Lisa somehow avoid the dance off and stay at the expense of Dani, Louis. Denise or Kimberley it will be very very unfair.

I'm off to see Sleeping Beauty this afternoon but hope to be able to watch the results show as it airs !
09/12/2012 at 10:25

"I must not cheat by looking on that other site"

Repeats 6 times.

First time I've been tempted this year. 

09/12/2012 at 10:47
I peeked. Now I need to de contaminate myself after being covered in vitriolic comments and spite.
09/12/2012 at 10:52
I'm not going to look this week
09/12/2012 at 11:11

blimey - are they that bad over there now? Well thats enough to avoid temptation. ta by 'eck. 

09/12/2012 at 11:17
You sure Frodo?
I could whisper so you don't get dirtied
09/12/2012 at 11:31
I can wait. No really, I can..
09/12/2012 at 11:43
Miss by eck isn't very good at checking before she deletes
09/12/2012 at 16:28

You agree by 'eck?  It's a cess pit over there isn't it?

I daren't ever log on on a Sunday though as there is sometimes a thread which makes it obvious who has or hasn't gone out!  I don't even click on any links on Daily Mail as I did once last year and somebody had put something in the comments section about who had gone!

I like the whole suspense bit

09/12/2012 at 19:09

Evening. I've been a very good dragon and not peeked. 

09/12/2012 at 19:10
Evening
09/12/2012 at 19:16

Evening. Ah, a bit of Buble to help proceedings 

09/12/2012 at 19:16

Looking doubtful for Nicky. Unless it Lisa as well then it could be either. 

09/12/2012 at 19:20

Flipping 'eck, Mr TS just called en route to Kenya (so I had to take the call  ) and I'm now running a few mins behond so will stay away till the end.

If it's Nicky & Lisa, Nicky out going by last nights marks, but judging from Bruno's reaction he'll vote Nicky??  What's he expect, they were 2nd from bottom??  Could be up to Len this one?  If it's Nicky and someone else, then Nicky out, barring disaaaaaster.

Laters folks ...  

09/12/2012 at 19:22
Ooooo, forgot to log into here
09/12/2012 at 19:23
2 dances from next week this will sort out those with stamina
09/12/2012 at 19:24

09/12/2012 at 19:25
Sorry bookie?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.