Strictly 2012

Have we got our dancing shoes on yet?

1,041 to 1,060 of 1,154 messages
19/12/2012 at 19:14

Oh dear

They've just gone through the judges dance for all 4 and all the girls have got dances they scored highly on e.g. Denise jive, Kimberley waltz.........and Louis........?............a dance he scored a 6 on from Len - are they trying to set him up for a fail?

I wonder what their criteria are for the dance they choose?

19/12/2012 at 19:25

Yes, I thought it was an odd choice for Louis. And they have to pull off that huge lift again too. No pressure then!

19/12/2012 at 21:06

I'm assumiing it's what they think will get people watching and that big lift was worth talking about the first time.  Louis has a lot more upper body stength than the professional dancers and he can pull off moves they can only dream about so I wouldn't count him out but don't think he will win.

19/12/2012 at 21:42

I just want a fair fight..........

.........plus I prefer watching Louis of course  

20/12/2012 at 10:24

I think if anything it indicates that the judges were inconsistent with their marking during the series and that dances from certain celebs that should have scored 8s and 9s was given 6s to build a story arc.

I also think that it will be a crowdpleaser, big routine, huge dramatic lift - the kind of thing that Finals are made for! If I didn't have a favourite already, I'd be more likely to vote for a good Latin performance than one of the 'boring' ballroom routines like waltz. Did I just say that?   

20/12/2012 at 14:30

Um, obviously a few Louis fans here because he should be first out of the four I think.

Not sure how to pick between the three ladies.

Note - this is my view, Denise is obviously struggling with the public.

I am not sure why although I haven't overly warmed to her ,I am not really sure why and there was no way she should have been in the dance-off.

However the final is always a bit different because rather than voting to save somebody you are making an active decision as to who you think should win.

Personally I think Kimberley is out in front at the moment but it is close.

Looks like they will all do the show dance this year and then lose one.

As for the judges selection, there are a lot of conspiracy theorists out here ! Actually thye may have done Louis a favour, Several weeks on he could make a good effort in the Salsa and improve his points score. If you scored 9 or 10 originally then you have to dance excellently again to effectively stand still and expectation will be higher.

In practise though, the winner is pretty much always determined by the Show Dance. The year Tom Chambers won he was behind Rachel Stevens for me after the first two dances. The show dance was a wow though and i stood up after it, picked up the phone and just said " Well he's just won this"

Interestingly I was going to say Dani has a good partner with Vincent and his choreography but actually he gave Rachel Stevens a fairly lack-lustre show dance, although Tom would have won it with his anyway.

So lets see but the pressure is on the pros to choreograph as well as the celebrities to deliver it.

20/12/2012 at 16:00

BtB, I completely agree with you there, Tom & Camilla's showdance was the best I have ever seen, followed by Jill & Darren and Mark & Karen (none of this bacofoil acrobatic rubbish!)

20/12/2012 at 19:27

Show dances with the odd exception are rubbish. I think it's easier to just accept that  at best they will be dull, and at worst they will be jaw droppingly terrible with the chance  of actual injury as well. Hopefully as all the pros have done them before they will have learned something!

I think Dani and Vincent's one has the most potential to be bad 

22/12/2012 at 18:14

Evening all

Early dinner eaten so nothing else to do but sit and watch 

Really don't mind who wins 

22/12/2012 at 18:29

Hello TS 

I have coffee and Belgian Chocolates, will do dinner in the interval. V excited, slightly favouring Dani and Vincent but any of them deserve to win really.

22/12/2012 at 18:39

Just poured myself some nice Rose and may have the odd Quality Street 

22/12/2012 at 18:40

Evening      Denise or Kimberley for me, but don't dislike any of them.

22/12/2012 at 18:45

That was SO fast, brilliant!

22/12/2012 at 18:46

God, we have a shrieking audience again 

Feel a bit for Denise, must be a bit awful dancing your heart out when you know you are likely to be first out.  Did think she was a little flat footed in some of the routine but no doubt will get top marks.

22/12/2012 at 18:51
Why does Tess' dress look mouldy bacofoil under certain lights
22/12/2012 at 18:57
I thought that was better from Dani - shows what I know?!
22/12/2012 at 18:59

I thought that had much more attack, didn't notice the stumble

22/12/2012 at 19:03

The spins were much better for her this time

22/12/2012 at 19:04

Nor me

Liked Kimber's vw I have to say - but then I liked it the first time too - will be interesting to see how they score it

My impression is that the judges favour her and Denise whereas the public maybe less so,,,,,,,,

22/12/2012 at 19:05

4 10s?

1,041 to 1,060 of 1,154 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.