Strictly Come Dancing

It's coming back - hooray!!!

1,181 to 1,198 of 1,198 messages
D74
23/12/2008 at 14:17
I think they editted it to make sure there wasn't any spoiler in there, but at the same time added the disclaimer.  Doesn't even say who's dancing. 
23/12/2008 at 14:30

I was too chicken to look properly

BTW if anyone wants a slightly b*thcy laugh at Lisa&Brenda's show-dance there is a hysterical thread on the Digital Spy site. It's a bit cruel but some of it is coffee-snortingly funny.

"I'll do anything for love - but I won't do THAT!!!"

24/12/2008 at 18:48

You don't have a link to that thread do you Little Nemo?  There are loads of them on Digital Spy! 

Not sure I like the rumours about no judges votes for the next series.  Why have them if they don't count?

Merry Christmas everyone.  I'm tracking Santa already!

24/12/2008 at 19:20

Here you go Rudolph:

Oh my eyes!

Something to look forward to once you've delivered all those pressies!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

24/12/2008 at 23:40
Thanks Little Nemo.  I'm a bit busy at the moment but can't wait to check it out later!
26/12/2008 at 10:00

Hi everyone-hope you all had a good day yesterday.  I'm still stuffed with grub!  But onto the main event..... loved watching Jill and Alesha again.  I'd forgotten what Kelly is like, a great dancer but that laugh drives me mad.  She ought to be paired up with Tom!   I nearly spilled my wine at one point when Camilla said she was going for "quality" and for a second I thought she was going to say quality street.

Lovely show - worthy winner - can't wait till next year. 

Thanks for the company.  This thread is "my favourite"! 

26/12/2008 at 10:05
It'd be mad to abandon the judges' scoring - it's all part of the pantomime.  No more "se-vahhhns"!  Plus it would just be a popularity contest then, which I think would be a shame.  While you do get the odd anomolt now, on the whole I think it works pretty well. If the voting means that someone can't be saved from the dance off then so be it.  They didn't dance well enough, and it's a show about dancing
26/12/2008 at 10:12
Don't let the public vote. They know b****r all about dancing, its celebs for them.
26/12/2008 at 11:59
also - what happened to Mark Ramprakash?  I'm sure there were four couple doing the previous contestant dance in the golden toffee penny outfits last week, and then three from this year should make seven couples, but there were only six, and no Ramps (except in the audience)
iron fraggle    pirate
26/12/2008 at 13:19

no goughie either Bear

disappointed with the xmas spesh last night - needed more fun latin dances, as the ballroom is elegant but (imho) boring

26/12/2008 at 17:31

true - he normally does it too, was a shame.

I especially missed Alesha doing Latin, however good she is at ballroom.

27/12/2008 at 14:44

Preferred this year's one as it's done after the final now. Always thought it was odd before that they didn't know who'd won when it was filmed previously.

Agree with Fraggle and XFR it would have been better with a bit more Latin. Thought Jill was the right winner though, you could tell from the audience reaction that it was fabulous. Liked the idea of a separate ranking when couples are tied at the top - think it makes things fairer. Pity there wasn't room for a couple of more couples - would have been nice to see Ramps again and Austin deserved one more dance.

Notice they didn't show any clips from Lisa&Brenda's show-dance...

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
28/12/2008 at 20:19
what are we going to do on weekends nights now "strictly" is over once again???????
28/12/2008 at 20:59

Dancing on Ice? It's pretty naff but it always has the added bonus of some z-lister falling on their @rse.

Time to think of a new name for myself as well

28/12/2008 at 21:30

No, can't get into Dancing on Ice.

Just watched Lisa's showdance on the web for a laugh!  That's how desperate I am now!

Masterchef anyone??

31/12/2008 at 12:12

Did anyone see the SCD Weakest Link yesterday? Mark Foster may not be able to dance but he's quite intelligent!

31/12/2008 at 12:46
DOI also has the benefit of Holly Willoughbooby
21/01/2009 at 01:36
Never watched it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,181 to 1,198 of 1,198 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.