Suspended coffee

Cynical move by Starbucks?

41 to 43 of 43 messages
26/04/2013 at 06:56

So if i walk into Starbuck and ask for a suspended coffee, will they ask me to prove i'm homeless or not give me the coffee???, sounds like it will end in free coffees for un-scrupolous people to me

26/04/2013 at 22:16
AgentGinger wrote (see)

I feel the same way about "active kids vouchers" and all that other bullshit that supermarkets do. They offer all their customers vouchers, which they can give to schools to use for PE equipment, etc. Sounds good enough, but many customers don't have kids, or can't be bothered. If Sainsbury's were really interested in social corporate responsibility they would simply donate the money to the schools directly, rather than implement a self-aggrandising, indirect campaign. Who do they think they're fooling? All of their customers, obviously.

The next time i drop a few pence into some hobo's cup, I'll do a little jig, and make a big song and dance about it, get my picture taken, and a tshirt printed up.

The charity I work for has benefited to the tune of millions from one of the big supermarkets, amazing support that has really helped a lot of people.  I don't care if its cynical or if they get tax relief or what, their money has made a big difference.

30/04/2013 at 23:10

I think donating to a food bank is a better use of resources to be honest.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.