Sweets

Ones you thought you had forgotten

41 to 60 of 130 messages
10/09/2002 at 14:26
Hi BK
I have tried till I am Blue in the face (not Knees) he he, to get a picture on here, hope you can help.
Cheers, Gaz...
11/09/2002 at 08:31
Has anyone mentioned trafiic lights. Gob stpport type things thta had loads of colours in and changed hue as you sucked.

Why do I think i'll regret that last remark?
BK
11/09/2002 at 08:41
Gaz, I'll email you. Send me back your file and I'll have a look at it

11/09/2002 at 08:56
I would hate for you to be disappointed Barkles, so tell us...
In what way was he changed, and was he just a good friend?
11/09/2002 at 15:21
RB - I remember the American Civil War cards and Confederate money far better than the product they were supplied with. The goriness of the cards was always the selling point for me.

BTW.....wagon wheels??.....there, I've said it now.
11/09/2002 at 15:29
Wagon wheels are not only still on the go, they're currently on sale at two packs for the price of one in Tesco and Sainsbury's. I'm sure they used to be much, much bigger, though.
11/09/2002 at 15:33
Just like cream eggs - I'm sure they've shrunk!!
11/09/2002 at 15:38
I agree, Gillian. Cadbury's keep denying it, but I'm not so sure. Wonder when they'll bring out king-size cream eggs? Now, there's an emetic proposition to rival Lucozade Sport.

Ratbag    pirate
11/09/2002 at 15:52
Apparently, (I THINK I read this somewhere), Wagonwheels have exactly the right proportion on carbs, fats and protein for a runner.

They gave them out at FLM 2002.

V-Rap,

You would probably know about this better than I.
11/09/2002 at 16:02
RB, I might have guessed that the perfect runner's snack would be grotty old sticky-centred Wagon Wheels rather than something nice like all-butter shortbread or Bounty bars. Wagon Wheels, for me, are right down there with sports bars and doughy flapjacks in the palatability league.

The one I got at FLM 2002 was snaffled by my 8-year-old son (I didn't need it - they still had a few Mars bars left when I staggered in to the post-race party) and half of it was found under the sofa several weeks later. He's never asked for another.
Ratbag    pirate
11/09/2002 at 16:05
V-Rap,

Can't say the're a fave of mine either. I get soooo ravenous after running that I'll eat practically anything. I actually don't really like Mars Bars - I always found them a bit heavy but after the BB 1/2 I went through one in about 2 seconds flat!!

Love Bounty Bars and shortbread though!
11/09/2002 at 16:25
In my goody bag from the Loch Leven Half on Saturday we got a Tunnocks tea cake - I hadn't seen one of them in years!
11/09/2002 at 16:35
Tunnocks stuf is available in Co-ops around here. Lovely
I love wagon wheels, even if they do make me hurl.
Ratbag    pirate
11/09/2002 at 16:39
Barles!

LOL. Not quite sure why but I think it's the thought of you eating them with relish then hurling straight afterwards!

Wierd!!

All the best,

RB
11/09/2002 at 16:41
No pain, no gain mate.
This way, could even enjoy them twice.
11/09/2002 at 16:50
Gillian, there's even a plain-chocolate-covered version of Tunnocks Teacakes now - I saw them in Safeway in Caernarvon, of all places.

I used to love nibbling the chocolate shell off a little at a time then licking off the white gluey stuff. For some reason, they're not as nice now. It's not just my age - my kids think they're horrible. Maybe the recipe has been "improved". But they definitely haven't shrunk, so the Wagon Wheel and Creme Egg thing isn't just me having a bigger gob these days.

Tim, a Tunnocks Teacake is like a chocolate mallow cake except the mallow isn't set properly. They're nicer than junket.
11/09/2002 at 17:19
I agree with niel on P1
Texan bars were the mutts nuts, and how I miss then so,
11/09/2002 at 20:08
Neilruns

I remember Blobs - strawberry and cream were my faves. I ate them for about a year and saved all my wrappers to get a frisbee called a Blob Disc.

11/09/2002 at 20:30
Rhubarb and custard
Yorkshire mixture
Sigh
11/09/2002 at 22:27
Wow - nostalgia!

I remember black jacks and fruit salads for eight a penny.

I don't remember peanut cracknell, but I used to love mint cracknell, which was chocolate with this crisp green strandy stuff in the middle.

Anyone remember prawns - pink things shaped (unsurprisingly!) like prawns, that tasted of nothing in particular but were a bit like chewy marshmallow in texture.

And then there were picnic bars - waifer, toffee, and raisins, all covered in chocolate.

And then there was that red and black licorice stuff, which round my way was known as "shoe laces".

pear drops?

Was there something called a star bar, or did I just imagine that?!

Iain
41 to 60 of 130 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.