Sweets

Ones you thought you had forgotten

121 to 130 of 130 messages
16/09/2002 at 15:01
TIM!!! I'm disappointed in the Don Darias! If you have an Asda near you and you want a bottle of cheap n good red, try the Asda Crianza at 2.96 a bottle!

fav reds are...

Faustino I
Rosemount (Anything by them)
16/09/2002 at 15:08
Also from ASDA is their Argentinian Red - I learned to like red wine with this one!!
Ratbag    pirate
16/09/2002 at 16:13
I think I got a bit of a bargain last week. Bought 6 bottles of Koonunga Hill Chardonnay and 6 of Rawsons Retreat Shiraz / Cabernet at 4.49 a bottle. Unfortunately (?) needed to buy 12 bottles as it was from Majestic Wines. However also splashed out on a rather nice bottle of Chassagne Montrachet at a price that I didn't think I'd ever go for... don't ask...

Good value at the moment is a South African Red at Sainsbury's for about 4.49 (I think).

Mostly I like the Ausralian Reds although Chilean is pretty good too. I'm not all that great on subtlety!!
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
17/09/2002 at 15:39
If you like your red wine dry, try some German wine like those made from the dark red Dornfelder grape (if you can find any over there that is) or semi-dry Spaetburgunder. Suuuuuuper!
S.A.
17/09/2002 at 15:54
RB
While I was out in Ox I fell in with a bad lot and we drank a fair quantity of the red stuff.
Long Flat red - their cheep sh*te was about £1.30 a bottle,( not too bad) and some stuff from the Barossa at £5.00 was simply out of this or any other world.. and NO HANGOVER!!!!
17/09/2002 at 15:56
One that's v. v. v. v. v. bad for giving you a hangover is Banrock Station - I think it's Australian (I am 110% sure that the amount I drank had absolutely nothiging to do wth the hangover...)
BK
17/09/2002 at 16:01
Jon - Rosemounts are on offer in some shops at the moment. Excellent wine.
17/09/2002 at 16:14
I forgot to say I felt like a real alky this morning as I was in ASDA buying a bottle of red at 8am (other half is offshore so I thought I'd make sure we had enough in for when/if he comes home)
It's amazing how this thread started as childrens sweets and has developed onto adults "sweeties"
BK
17/09/2002 at 16:30
Naturally, hic!
17/09/2002 at 19:35
Can you buy alcohol at 8 am ??
Yippee, Mondays may henceforth be more bearable
White chocolate mice (UHG)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
121 to 130 of 130 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.