Test drove some Nike's

10 messages
Mij
17/10/2002 at 23:05
went to the club session tonight only to find a Nike van in the car park - would we all wear them for our run and fill in a form at the end. so 20 odd pairs on new Nike's did 5 around Ludlow. A slightly surreal (spelling?) experience! I'm sticking to my Asics.
17/10/2002 at 23:12
Did you get to keep them afterwards or is this some sort of sales gimick?
Mij
18/10/2002 at 10:41
No you give them back, but are asked to fill in a product appraisal form with personal details so I'll see soon enough if its a sales gimmick
18/10/2002 at 10:44
It is a sales gimmick! Addidas do the same!
18/10/2002 at 11:01
These Bowerman vans are getting everywhere now.

However, I would not be tempted to testrun a new pair from the advice given off the back of a van.

BTW Jon, our footwear man, have you tried the Adidas A3 shoe yet?
18/10/2002 at 11:42
Why not just run home in them?
Someone would have to do a real good sales job to get me back into a pair of Nikes!
18/10/2002 at 11:48
Snoop, No. Didn't bother as they are really heavy in the heel when I picked them up. I prefer a better balanced shoe, and to be honest they weigh a ton!!!
Mij
18/10/2002 at 13:11
Well the Nike lady did have something about her and nearly everyone did try a pair. It was the first and last time for me even though they weren't bad, they also weren't good.
18/10/2002 at 13:14
I think this is a great marketing ploy, even if you never buy a pair, they will have your details on file so expect lots of junk mail soon! Ouch!
18/10/2002 at 13:20
Its a shame running shops dont treat running shoes like car sales. Have a pair of each that you could take home and test drive (obviously with a large deposit) and then sell them off after a few months as used trainers. Discount prices, only 100 miles on the clock, full service history,etc........
I would even pay a couple of quid to be able to 'test drive' a couple of different pairs!
If only real service was as important as sales!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.