The cat problem resurfaces...

with less pee...

21 to 27 of 27 messages
11/09/2012 at 19:56

I have good news - my lovely wonderful aunt is going to take Coco in for me. She lives in Perth, had a huge garden for Coco to rampage around and a bigger house for her to make her own...and no dogs either.

Lately Coco has been very cute, very cuddly (even more than usual) and very chatty - rightly or wrongly, I'm sure she was picking up on my stress levels. Woke up this morning with her almost nose to nose with me, just watching me. Bit spooky but quite sweet too.

11/09/2012 at 20:12

Oh Saffy, not good.  I was asking as I have one very aged cat and one youngster.  Am a bit worried about the youngster when the old one goes.

Mima - mine does that.  She's reminding you to feed her.

11/09/2012 at 20:36
Of course she picked up on your stress. I hope that you enjoy the las few days with coco but as mouse says - she could be looking for more food
11/09/2012 at 20:52

I have another month with her, she's currently curled up by my feet, refusing to leave my side - if I get up for a wee she'll follow me to the bathroom.

11/09/2012 at 20:53
My cat used to do that... In fact she used to sit in the sink a lot....
11/09/2012 at 22:10
The youngster might be OK, M..o.use. I had a pair of brothers (still have one of them). The other one was sadly run over and the remaining one spent about 3 days periodically looking and calling for him, then just went back to normal. I think the other example I gave is far less common.
12/09/2012 at 17:38

Conversely, they can also take quite a dislike to each other.  One of our young male ragdolls has positively bloomed since we had to have our elderly tabby put down last year. The tabby was a totally lily-livered cat and got bullied by all and sundry, so it wasn't even as though the ragdoll was being picked on.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.