The Counts Diet Support Thread

Planning to loose 1 1/2 stone without amputation

6,981 to 6,986 of 6,986 messages
13/05/2008 at 15:07

I am 17St 5 Lbs at the minute.  I am 6Ft 5In and I run on average 22-25 miles a week. Although I am steadily losing weight - what weight should I look to get down to?

If you go by BMI I should get down to 15St 5Lbs - but trust me I would be totally emmaciated!!! Even when I was a serious sportsman at Uni I was never below 100kgs. I think I should aim to get to about 16St 5Lbs which I hope is do-able.  I am running in both the Leeds 10km and Great North Run this year.

Any advice greatfully received.

16/06/2008 at 17:31

Hi I am new on hear. I am wanting to lose at least a stone but maybe 1.5. Have started running again. Have just had exams where I did struggle to do exercise and ate quite a lot of choc so have gained weight.

Be gr8 to keep up progress with you all and gain some motivation.

cheers

04/07/2008 at 07:51
I hate to exercise or how I lost 30 kg by walking. I have noticed a couple of postings about a site called run2r.com and want to relate my experiences using their music.

I credit run2r (run2r.com) as a key component of my 30 kg weight loss to date. I decided to try it to see if it worked like they said and sure enough it did.

I find that their theory of designing music to BPM is sound (excuse the pun) and I find that by using their music I keep up my pace throughout my walk, even in the face of strong head winds, inclines, and at the end of the walk where I would usually start slowing down.

I have also found that I have increased my walking time and sometimes miss my landmarks due to being in what they call the “sweet spot” and that I end up walking longer than my allotted time. I have purchased a stop watch so I know how long I have been walking (I used to do it by the different songs but now get “lost” in them so can’t count).

The nice thing about their music is that it complements your program rather than competes with it and I don’t have to put a lot of different playlists together hoping to get some kind of consistent BPM throughout the program (almost impossible to do and then you have changing beats and sounds that do not work together). It allows for deep thought while exercising. It does the work of keeping me on track so I can get on with other things. Most of the time I am not even aware of the music it just keeps me going, and going, and going.

It is also not expensive (I hate the word “cheap” except when describing bird sound and inferior merchandise) and I don’t have to buy a lot of expensive shoes and iPod’s. I just use the shoes I have and my old obsolete mp3 player.

FYI: just for the record I do not have any financial interest in this company but have met the founder and know his system is sound and has helped many serious runners improve their game.

Also you might pass this on to any “Fat Arse” friends you have who want to lose some weight.
04/07/2008 at 08:14

Here's a word I hate...

"SPAM" 

04/07/2008 at 08:19

Blast from past

:'~) 

17/06/2009 at 12:16

I'm 34 yrs old, 5' 9" and 13st 2lbs, I regularly run 20-25 miles a week and have completed a few half marathons (last year), my BMI is 27 and I'd love to get my weight down to 12st.

My poison is "Bread and butter", I love the stuff, but after starting back into running these last 5 weeks I haven't shifted any weight despite cutting back on the bread.

My running pace is around 9 minutes per mile, VO2 max is 44 and my heart rate averages around 177 bpm when doing an hours run.

I've been told that I'm not eating enough to lose weight, but don't really want to eat more incase I start to pile on the pounds, any suggestions?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6,981 to 6,986 of 6,986 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.